Our Reefing Addiction

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda tired of the corals growing in the AIO so pulled about 80% out and put in some fresh cured rock. Gonna do zoas in this tank. Added about 12 varieties to get started, including Bowsers, AIO, Utter Chaos, Pink Diamonds, Twizzlers, Mickeys Ds, Purple Hornets, Whammin' Watermelons. Still have about 12 more types to add.
Cheers! Mark
thumbnail.jpeg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your build thread! Beautiful.

Can you elaborate more on your criptic zone? What are your thoughts/experiences with one?

Also, in your thread you mention a couple times adding bacteria and that it helped. What bacteria are you adding?

Thank you.

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your build thread! Beautiful.

Can you elaborate more on your criptic zone? What are your thoughts/experiences with one?

Also, in your thread you mention a couple times adding bacteria and that it helped. What bacteria are you adding?

Thank you.
Thanks! My cryptic is a 40 gallon breeder. It gets low levels of ambient light but has no light fixture. I think they are an excellent way to get more filtration through the rocks without spending a small fortune on lights and electricity.
I added the Zeovit bacteria, Microbacter7, ProBio and Vibrant. I have not added any in a while. I do add vinegar through the ATO as food for my current bacterial colonies. I have a lot of bacteria in my reef currently.
Cheers! Mark

Urban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Daddy-o, will your or Pete please send me a text of some of this stuff you’re showing images off? I am serious. I want to rack up this time. I have a friend who I want to send your availabilities to who is interested in an order.

Thank you sir!

Dutin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daddy-o, will your or Pete please send me a text of some of this stuff you’re showing images off? I am serious. I want to rack up this time. I have a friend who lives in Placerville that I want to help to do the same for if it’s OK. Regardless, every time I see your new posts, I get The inner feeling that I want to say I got at age 13 for the last Time. I am bewildered me. I don’t know what you have but I know it’s always worth it. Feel free to text!

Dustin
????????

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back my son fragged our plate coral into about 9 pieces. I glued one of the frags to a rock to heal. A couple months later I popped it off the rock and sold it. Well sometime later I noticed microscopic green dots on the rock. I was wondering if it was from the plate coral, but there was so much super glue, the coral didnt even touch the rock. This is what those tiny specks look like today. They are small 1/8-1/4 inch but there is a whole herd of them.
Cheers! Mark
1602820003277.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back