Outlaw's 75 gallon adventure.

Hooked up my skimmer today and am having some problems. The first is micro bubbles from hell. The other is that I believe I have it at the lowest possible setting (dimple on blue tube is at 0), and the bubbles are still high and the cup is filling with water over time. I boosted it up on several layers of egg crate, it is now in ~8" of water. Think this might be too much.

Any thoughts?

It's an SC Aquatics SCA-302.
 
Set it at about 6.5" water depth, seems to be working better. Unfortunately it's almost at the top of the inside of my stand. Still churning out the bubbles tho. I'm encouraged.
 
Up till 4am playing mad (behavioral) scientist. End result? Best buds.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419699704.869882.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419699721.606676.jpg
 
I got a cocktail shaker from my MIL, inside was a $50 bill with the note "Grant says get me some booze".

Decided I was instead going to buy a fish with it and name it Grant. As the store in Memphis didn't have anything I wanted, I decided to start my CUC.

So, this is Grant the scarlet hermit, and his brother Grant, and their other brother Grant . . .
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419985513.449831.jpg


And, this is Grant the Margarita snail and Grant the Cerith snail, and their brothers Grant, and their other brothers Grant . . .
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419985659.632565.jpg


Oh yeah, I also added hundreds, if not thousands of Copepods.
All are named Grant.

:)
 
After many modifications (I built it too perfectly and didn't leave wiggle room), I finally got the canopy to fit!

Time to make some doors!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1420396249.841066.jpg
 
Although I have no corals yet, what does anybody think about this lighting schedule? Fixtures are ~9" from the lids/10 from the water (the glass lids will be replaced with screens). Ignore royal blue as my 165P doesn't have them.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421002640.583757.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421002652.485694.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421002667.045726.jpg
 
Well, I got my first zoa/shroom colony in! After an hour, some Zoas are already opening. Hopefully I can get a halfway decent pic up this evening.

Color me excited!
 
Fragged (for the first time) some of my zoa colony. Tried to separate different color morphs. We'll see how I did when I see them with the lights on this evening.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421763835.237885.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421763853.200308.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new