Overflow advice

Gswink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!! I'm needing some advice. I'm going to be upgrading from an 75 gal to an 180 gal. I'm looking to do an overflow box and honestly dont know the best one to get. This is my 4th tank only 3 has been drilled including the 180 im getting never used overflow box. Also going to drill back of tank. Thanks G.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good read

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever overflow you do chose to get make sure it's a continuous siphon type without any type of pump to start the siphon the first iverflow I ever used was the type that used an aqualifter pump to start the siphon and keep it going had that one flood my house 3 times becouse either the aqualifter pump didnt start it fast enoff or last time pump didnt come on I switchrd to a continuous siohon type harder to get started but stays running forever after you do also DO NOT get one that rated way more then what the trewput is otherwise it'll collect air at the top and break siphon iver time made this mistake with my second one

jrjong11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever overflow you do chose to get make sure it's a continuous siphon type without any type of pump to start the siphon the first iverflow I ever used was the type that used an aqualifter pump to start the siphon and keep it going had that one flood my house 3 times becouse either the aqualifter pump didnt start it fast enoff or last time pump didnt come on I switchrd to a continuous siohon type harder to get started but stays running forever after you do also DO NOT get one that rated way more then what the trewput is otherwise it'll collect air at the top and break siphon iver time made this mistake with my second one

Thanks for the advice tankkeepers. I must tell, it's really hard for the newbies to set up the tank.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
Gswink

Gswink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you so much for the reply. I used CPR overflow before lol they will flood your house if you're not careful.
G - if the tank is drilled it should have overflow boxes. Why drill again?
The 180 will not be drilled. I'm going to have to get it drilled. That's why I asked about overflow

jrjong11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good read

Whatever overflow you do chose to get make sure it's a continuous siphon type without any type of pump to start the siphon the first iverflow I ever used was the type that used an aqualifter pump to start the siphon and keep it going had that one flood my house 3 times becouse either the aqualifter pump didnt start it fast enoff or last time pump didnt come on I switchrd to a continuous siohon type harder to get started but stays running forever after you do also DO NOT get one that rated way more then what the trewput is otherwise it'll collect air at the top and break siphon iver time made this mistake with my second one https aka ms remoteconnect
plenty of info at one place. Thanks again mates

OP
OP
Gswink

Gswink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the replies. I went with the eshopps prodigy slimline L. Pretty sleek overflow box!!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like it? I am going to be drilling a 40 breeder for corals. Love my fish and won't get rid of them for coral. So starting small for some

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back