Overflow and return placement

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a small upgrade from a 40 breeder to a 75 gallon tank and I plan on reusing my overflow (fiji 800 gph external) and return (3/4" line with SICCE Syncra Silent 3.0 718 gph pump). If I keep my original placement of my return (3" from top and side) and overflow (directly in the corner) then I have to adjust my re-cut plumbing to cover the additional length. What would happen if I move my overflow over 6" and my return over 6" to minimize plumbing rework? Is there an optimum placement on the overflow/return and should I keep them in the corners and bite the bullet on re-cutting and gluing parts of my plumbing?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote, is to stick with the standard placement, and rework the plumbing. Cutting, fitting and gluing PVC pipe is not difficult at all.

Very much a basic diy thing that really anyone can do with a Little bit of instructions.

OP
OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I pretty much have a 100% DIY reef so the plumbing isn't hard but the current system is still running and will be swapped the same day as the move.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back