Overflow box placement with braced tank

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

rockstar_jones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first post!

I have a 210g freshwater tank than I want to convert to a reef tank. I have a sump and equipment on the way.

my only issue is the tank is currently not setup for a sump.

I am hoping to purchase a fiji cube style overflow box to take care of the overflow.. however my tank has glass bracing around the top of the aquarium that supports cross braces and holds the tanks lids..
I would like to keep the water level as high as possible. Installing the fiji overflow under the height of the braces would drop the water level considerably which I would like to avoid.

has anyone overcome this issue while still running a quiet overflow? I don’t want to install a full height weir in the tank.

I was thinking of potentially spacing the overflow with longer bulkheads or fittings and having the internal box sitting flush with the braces, and not flat against the wall..

Thoughts or ideas?

photo attached taken from end of the tank showing the bracing.

7D625057-45D4-48E1-8A9D-4A32B05A8DE0.jpeg
 
Hi did you ever solve this as I have the same issue ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new