Overflow box question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to start doing some upgrades on my 36g a little here and there. Wanting to add a little overflow box to my tank and setup a sump and refuge. Maybe make my own protein skimmer question is will this nano protein skimmer work on my 36g maybe if I add a u valve to it for little more flow. Atm all I run on the tank is a small hob filter
35CF1BB2-07EA-4C09-A8BE-2F06F62760A8.jpeg

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan on building a diy sump with plastic dividers. Or will a little three compartment organizer work in a sump and not put the dividers

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually in the same boat as you. I have a 40 breeder running an AIO at the moment. Im gonna be doing a 10 gallon DIY sump. I bought a baffle kit off of ebay. Im gonna be using silicone for the baffles. I say go get a 10 or 20 gallon tank from Petco and do it yourself

pixelbit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did an upgrade on my tank, with a 10 gallon sump and an overflow. (Check out my tank build to see what I did: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/20-gallon-long-reef.382759/post-7017749 ) It was the best decision I have made for the tank so far. Increased volume, more space to work with equipment, nearer overall look.

Regarding flow, I run my sump as a low flow. Saves me on my electrical bill. I have a separate gyre in the main tank for water movement. But the nano sized overflow I got will handle significantly more flow than I am putting through it.

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did an upgrade on my tank, with a 10 gallon sump and an overflow. (Check out my tank build to see what I did: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/20-gallon-long-reef.382759/post-7017749 ) It was the best decision I have made for the tank so far. Increased volume, more space to work with equipment, nearer overall look.

Regarding flow, I run my sump as a low flow. Saves me on my electrical bill. I have a separate gyre in the main tank for water movement. But the nano sized overflow I got will handle significantly more flow than I am putting through it.
[/QUOTE
I just looked at your thread. looks good man

pixelbit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
It's working rather well. I actually shut off my return pump twice a day (once to feed, once at night). So far no issues restarting the overflow.

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
It's working rather well. I actually shut off my return pump twice a day (once to feed, once at night). So far no issues restarting the overflow.
That’s awesome. Good to know

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back