Overflow box specifically for rimmed tank

JCrowe86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an older 100 gallon tank that has a thicker wood rim. Is there any known overflow box that is guaranteed to work with this style rim? I have a fiji cube on my current 65g and even though it says it works with rimmed tanks I still had to notch out a part of the rim for it to sit flush against the back glass.

My main concern is being able to drill the hole and have the external box high enough to be able to hide the water line.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The outside box on most drilled units sit lower than the weir inside. Me personally I'd find a unit you like, and drill it since it's still dry.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modular Marine overflow boxes specifically have a notched external box to accommodate the lip of trimmed tanks.

9BF5FEFE-97A1-44EE-B67D-C65F828887DE.jpeg

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a custom box made from Modular marine, and to accommodate the large trim on my older oceanic tank he included a spacer to put over the bulkheads and keep the box out past the trim.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy enough to get a spacer to clear the trim. Unlikely it’s wood though - plastic with a fake wood grain.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back