OP
OP
cpark645

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try placing silicone tape (there is no adhesive on this stuff it just sticks to clean surfaces) then trim away anything visible with a razor.

Mm but then it would be so hard to take it off no? I guess it's better than constant salt creep. But there's still the issue with the noise...

Ariel V Rosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

docwells

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same salt creep problem. Glad someone has a solution. Will try the silicone tape recommended in earlier post.

OP
OP
cpark645

cpark645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same salt creep problem. Glad someone has a solution. Will try the silicone tape recommended in earlier post.
It doesn’t work.

I’ve decided to live with salt creep. I will never buy synergy products again, feel like this is just shotty engineering.

docwells

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Won't waste my money on it.
My tank came with a Synergy overflow. Just trying to make it work better.

Popeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know what you mean. i get alot of extra noise from water entering my inner overflow box too. I stuff mine with loose filter floss, kind of looks like pillow stuffing. POW!!! dead silent. just make sure you push it down enough past wiers to control DT water level from getting to high. i replace every week when i do a water change

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know what you mean. i get alot of extra noise from water entering my inner overflow box too. I stuff mine with loose filter floss, kind of looks like pillow stuffing. POW!!! dead silent. just make sure you push it down enough past wiers to control DT water level from getting to high. i replace every week when i do a water change
This is terrifying.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you forget to change the floss, or something dies in your tank and makes a bunch of organic detritus and clogs the overflow? Once the water level rises, your ATO will fill the return chamber, and eventually your salinity will plummet while dumping water over the top of your display. That is a really risky way to solve that totally preventable problem.

Popeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct, all this could happen. I guess it all depends on your setup. my overflow box is not the same as his, mine is not as narrow, it has a bit larger opening. I lightly pack it just to lighten the noise of the water entering box. And i also don't use an ATO. It does get pretty dirty but never enough to clog or back up the water. My MaxSpect Gyres cause a lot of surface agitation wich causes the extra noise. This strategy has worked great for my setup.

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI There, I have exactly same problem with the inner box I cannot stand it. Have you find solution to it? I know its a ****** design but purchasing a new one will require a day of labor for me and i dont have that kind of time right now...

manisse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that pipe is running dry. How can it make noise while it’s dry?? Why don’t you believe me that it’s not my plumbing T.T I don’t know how else to convince you!
It in part is your plumbing. Rule number 1 never run 90’s always use 45’s. Second the emergency pipe will pick up lots of sound and Cary it the overflow box. To start close off your gate valve as far as u can and run your pump on lowest setting. See what that does.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back