Overflow noise issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bigred321
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bigred321

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
118
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been discussed a million times. But my tank is a 150 gal with dual overflows with a 50 gal sump. I am using soft plumbing with durostand pipes for thr drain lines.

The drain lines are still making a gurgiling sound. Do u thing a variable speed pump would help to dial back the flow to reduce the noise? If so does anyone have any pump recommendations?? I am currently using a sicce 5.
 
I think its a durso overflow. It has a pipe for the return and a durostand pipe for the overflow all with soft hose plumbing.. ill take some pics when i get home tonight..
I take it this is a herbie?

Can you tell us what style overflow you have?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new