Oy.

dwayvick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after roughly 12 years, tons of learning, 5 aquariums, and moving across country in a bucket the very first saltwater fish I ever purchased is still with me. He’s a good ol’ ocellaris and was part of a mated pair. Unfortunately I had a heater stick a few years ago and lost just about everything except the clown, a couple snails, and some palythoa. The experience kind of killed my love for the hobby but I stayed committed to my clown. Fast forward to today my clown has a juvenile frostbite mate, at some point he might be she... and a 40 breeder system with a sump.
When I started with freshwater it was still under gravel filters, air stones, and carbon. Things have come a long way and I am challenging myself to change my approach. I’m doing 2 part with a big chaeto sump, skimmer, carbon in the media reactor. Not sure if I’ll buy some high heels and start using a full controller with ato etc. the old school in me still feels like I need to be the one doing the top off, water changes, and dosing.
Which ultimately brings me here, the biggest change in the hobby, the internet. Not sure if it has made anything easier lol but there’s no lack of material to test my experiences in the hobby!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
tenor.gif

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too was "old school", took a break and now came back to new stuff. It is a fun adventure. When you get the chance, try to start a build thread under "member tanks". We would love to see your tank progress and of course, lots of pictures. Welcome to R2R!
Beatles Welcome.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back