Ozone and CO2 scrubber on same skimmer?

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think carbon is debatable if you can smell ozone escaping then have it exit thru carbon. guarantee the smell will drive you out before anywhere near a lethal dose will occur.

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think carbon is debatable if you can smell ozone escaping then have it exit thru carbon. guarantee the smell will drive you out before anywhere near a lethal dose will occur.
Thanks. My initial plan is just to run it at like 3am for an hour and controlled by orp probe. Tank is in living room but Im assuming running it while nobody is close will be safe enough

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally got my ozone generator.

My skimmer has a scrubber lid on it that has no vent holes to recirculate the air.

Most instructions I’m seeing say to put a bag carbon on the top of the lid. If there’s no vent holes, do I need the carbon?
I have a lid and carbon bag on top. Here is a picture. I used a Tupperware container to cover all the holes of the skimmer lid and then cut a hole on top that the carbon bag covers. I also put carbon at the output of the skimmer

IMG_6893.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back