Ozone generator

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been reading up about Ozone generators and would like to get one for my RedSea 200XL. I currently have the Nyos 120 skimmer so its Ozone ready. Any particular model that goes well with a 53g total volume tank? Installation is straight forward and easy? Seems easy enough with just an outlet and inlet. Anything to look out for? I will defintely start slow with small doses

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't personally have a ozone generator but I recently watched this:

- Ensure you don't have high humidity near generator
- O3 can degrade certain types of rubber. If you have cheaper gear you may want to double check gaskets/tubing/etc.

Enjoy your crystal clear water =)

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to give ozone a try on my 40 breeder but I wasn't ready to fully commit.

I bought a cheap Weipro 50 mg ozone generator from Amazon. It gets the job done, and has convinced me to purchase a proper ozone generator in the future.

If you don't have an ORP controller, you should consider it since it's possible to hurt your tank if you push too much ozone.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I watched Tidgal Garden's vid many times :) watched a bunch of others as well. Thanks for the tip about the rubber. Well this effect the rubber seals for my plumbing?

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it potentially could. The quote from Than is (made as an assumption) "Most aquarium products towards the higher end anticipate the use of ozone and use appropriate materials."

I'd imagine that if you are using aquarium grade products you are probably fine. If you are using cheaper products not intended for aquarium use you may want to double check. Again I have never personally used ozone so take that with a grain of salt.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back