Pacific Blue Tang

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still looking for a tang like fish go for the starcki like I said before. Great fish. :)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still looking for a tang like fish go for the starcki like I said before. Great fish. :)
Yeah, I will probably go for that, do they have any special care needs or food? I do plan on supplementing nori for some of the inverts and clowns

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a big blue damselfish, I kinda want a really messy fish so I have a excuse for more CUC and inverts but I was planning on a tiger tail cucumber (proper care and are these toxic I have heard these cucumbers to be not toxic unlike other cucumbers) cleaner shrimp, 5 Trochus Pincushion urchin and a brittle star (Unknown if it is a micro or not)

Starkii damsels are gorgeous and just absolutely glow like neon signs when healthy and get pretty good size too.

My algae eating inverts love nori so I suppliment them with it. Shrimp and crabs will eat fish food or just about anything.

I wouldn't think you need a messy fish for a cucumber or if it would even help....just a mature aged tank and sand bed.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh I see now someone suggested the same fish I did. They are truly awesome fish! Will eat anything...not picky... hardy and so on.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I will probably go for that, do they have any special care needs or food? I do plan on supplementing nori for some of the inverts and clowns
Yup! They are great fish that get around 4” and pretty much act like tangs. No special foods, my sis and your normal stuff should suffice. Also if you are looking for a alternative for the lion fish, the banded circus goby is another great fish!

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! They are great fish that get around 4” and pretty much act like tangs. No special foods, my sis and your normal stuff should suffice. Also if you are looking for a alternative for the lion fish, the banded circus goby is another great fish!
I'll take a look at it!

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep forgetting you are limited... Is there a place that I can find the list of fish that are available to you?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We
Like only Australian?
Well, we can get fish anywhere in the world (Some fish we can't) there is really no list but apparently we can only get inverts in Australia waters because of 'disease' because apparently fish do not do hell but no inverts are gonna cause god dang Ebola or the Black Plague. But in summary fish anywhere and inverts only in Australian waters (Not even in the Indo Pacific)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What website are ordering from, or store. Just so I know what fish you can get in Australia.
some Australian websites are Reef Secrets Aquariums, gee Marine, oceanium (I think it is that), and a couple other types, if you are looking for a fish just type like 'damselfish for sale Australia' any website ending in .au is australian

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like only Australian?
What website are
We

Well, we can get fish anywhere in the world (Some fish we can't) there is really no list but apparently we can only get inverts in Australia waters because of 'disease' because apparently fish do not do hell but no inverts are gonna cause god dang Ebola or the Black Plague. But in summary fish anywhere and inverts only in Australian waters (Not even in the Indo Pacific)
Give me a list of the fish you like and are available to you. I’ll give you a bit of insight about them and if they are good for your tank. :)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah inverts are fine if you’d like. Just include what you have and what you’d like.
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish (One Black and White and One Orange and White)
-Starcki Damselfish
-Yellow Watchman Goby
Inverts
-Pincushion Urchin
-Nassarius Snail
- 2 Trochus Snails
-Blue Lincktia Sea Star
- Brittle Sea Star (Black but micro or normal is unknown)
-Another 4 Trochus Snails
- Cleaner Shrimp (Ornamental Only)
- Tiger Tail Sea Cucumber
And of that list above, I already have the clownfish, urchin, nassarius snail, both sea stars and the 2 Trochus snails

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back