Pacific Blue Tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter ...
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think a good stocking list for you would be close to this.

A pair of Clownfish
1 Starcki Damselfish
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp
1 African Flameback Angelfish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Banggai Cardinalfish, maybe a bonded pair?
 
Sorry I don't know a ton on Starfish.
S
That's fine
So I will go for
-Clowns
-Starcki Damsel
-
I think a good stocking list for you would be close to this.

A pair of Clownfish
1 Starcki Damselfish
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp
1 African Flameback Angelfish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Banggai Cardinalfish, maybe a bonded pair?
That seems good would they be peaceful to eachother and a nice community
 
Yes keep the CUC.
Only thing to watch is if the Starcki or Flameback gets aggressive. But you should be fine.
 
I will introduce them last at the same time?
So if I were you I would of done it in this order.

1st: Banggai Cardinalfish
2nd: Royal Gramma
3rd: Watchmen
4th: Clownfish
5th: Angelfish
6th: Damsel

But since you have clownfish do it in this order from 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.
 
So if I were you I would of done it in this order.

1st: Banggai Cardinalfish
2nd: Royal Gramma
3rd: Watchmen
4th: Clownfish
5th: Angelfish
6th: Damsel

But since you have clownfish do it in this order from 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.
Okay! I will get some rock and a good then introduce them!
 
I

I already have him and I can just feed him, the LFS and two in a 60 for months

They have a long life span and generally perish in small tanks after 1-2 years. This isn't old age..this is them not getting what they need and dying prematurely.
 
Can I feed Them?

Won't hurt but I don't know of anyone that has one in a nano with long term success. The people I do know with them just buy a new one every year after it dies. Not exactly great...
but some people do consider them disposable.

I think if you did a little research you would find their long term survival rates in captivity pretty poor.
 
Won't hurt but I don't know of anyone that has one in a nano with long term success. The people I do know with them just buy a new one every year after it dies. Not exactly great...
but some people do consider them disposable.
I think every life is valuable. I will try to feed him and if he starts becoming unhealthy I will return him and maybe get a multifora Lincktia instead
 
I don't think any linkia are appropriate for a nano long term. I am not saying return him now since he is already in there anyways. I am just warning you if it dies that you may want to reconsider having a starfish. I am sure many don't bother to try and feed them though so hopefully that will help.

Some of the large brittles I believe are easy to care for but don't buy a green one...they have been known to hunt fish.

Starfish are so amazing looking...it is too bad they can be difficult...I would love to have one but I doubt my 80g is large enough.
 
I don't think any linkia are appropriate for a nano long term. I am not saying return him now since he is already in there anyways. I am just warning you if it dies that you may want to reconsider having a starfish. I am sure many don't bother to try and feed them though so hopefully that will help.

Some of the large brittles I believe are easy to care for but don't buy a green one...they have been known to hunt fish.
It's black, the brittle but I will keep an eye on the Lincktia,
 
I had an orange Linckia, I got it and then I researched what they ate... bacterial film. Not the easiest thing to keep going in a nano, he was back at the LFS a week later lol. How old is your tank?
 
I had an orange Linckia, I got it and then I researched what they ate... bacterial film. Not the easiest thing to keep going in a nano, he was back at the LFS a week later lol. How old is your tank?
4 Months
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new