Pacific Blue Tang

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C
Cool, the shapphire damsel looks cool to? Is he any different?
Yup pretty much the same temperament as the others. Just a bit smaller at 2".

m
Hmm, well A.ocellaris does not have that name in it, so know I know I have killer clowns
I am a bit confused at what you mean.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good those fish are stunning and a clownfish is a damselfish and it is not in that genus Chrysitipa (I do not know how to spell) so yeah

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good those fish are stunning and a clownfish is a damselfish and it is not in that genus Chrysitipa (I do not know how to spell) so yeah
Oh no no, that is totally different. I know that clownfish are a damsel but they are in the genus Amphiprion, that genus only contains clownfish. Now those are peaceful but it depends what type you get. If you have Ocellaris then those are totally fine! The meaner types are Percula and Clarkii.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no no, that is totally different. I know that clownfish are a damsel but they are in the genus Amphiprion, that genus onyl contains clownfish. Now those are peaceful but it depends what type you get. If you have Ocellaris then those are totally fine! The meaner types are Percula and Clarkii.
OK phew. Is percula mean? Oh I think most types are mean like maroon and tomato.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK phew. Is percula mean? Oh I think most types are mean like maroon and tomato.
I would say they are pretty close to peaceful in terms of temperament, so I think you would be fine keeping either. Now the Maroons are in the Premnas genus and they are probably the worst. Tomato are a bit mean, but I am not so knowledgable with the tomato types.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say they are pretty close to peaceful in terms of temperament, so I think you would be fine keeping either. Now the Maroons are in the Premnas genus and they are probably the worst. Tomato are a bit mean, but I am not so knowledgable with the tomato types.
Yeah, you know this was meant to be for a tang then an eel than damselfish now clownfish, forums are weird, anyway I might get those two damselfish

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you know this was meant to be for a tang then an eel than damselfish now clownfish, forums are weird, anyway I might get those two damselfish
Oh forgot to mention but I would only pick one, they usually don't mix well together. If you had a larger tank then you could mix. But people have had troubles with the damsels fighting when mixing. So pick one of them. :) Clownfish are fine so don't worry about taking them out.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh forgot to mention but I would only pick one, they usually don't mix well together. If you had a larger tank then you could mix. But people have had troubles with the damsels fighting when mixing. So pick one of them. :) Clownfish are fine so don't worry about taking them out.
I probably have to go with the Sapphire, it resembles a Koran angel very closely and I like these angels but they need 250 Gallons so yeah, I will also get a royal gramma, scooter Benny and maybe a coral beauty angel.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably have to go with the Sapphire, it resembles a Koran angel very closely and I like these angels but they need 250 Gallons so yeah, I will also get a royal gramma, scooter Benny and maybe a coral beauty angel.
I would say bye but I feel like somebody will chime in and then it's a whole thing

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention that most if not all Tangs have a issue of being suseptible to lateral line and marine ich.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention that most if not all Tangs have a issue of being suseptible to lateral line and marine ich.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no no, that is totally different. I know that clownfish are a damsel but they are in the genus Amphiprion, that genus only contains clownfish. Now those are peaceful but it depends what type you get. If you have Ocellaris then those are totally fine! The meaner types are Percula and Clarkii.
I was cleaning my tank with a razor blade and that dang female ocellaris clown kept biting me and not just nipping like he would leap at me and it would be painful, of course I put gloves on and he kept going although it didn't hurt, his nickname is Jaws

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my tank with a razor blade and that dang female ocellaris clown kept biting me and not just nipping like he would leap at me and it would be painful, of course I put gloves on and he kept going although it didn't hurt, his nickname is Jaws
Haha! Clownfish are mean! Clownfish hate when people try and get into their territory, good thing it wasn’t a maroon clown, those things are evil and it would probably be a worse bite. Haha, so how is your stocking looking?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As in switching out the tangs or when he is to big? Anyway thanks for replying
Every time you swap a tang you risk bringing in disease and wiping out your tank.

Doesn't seem worth it... Can just get a nice blue colored dwarf angel instead that you won't need to re-home.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Clownfish are mean! Clownfish hate when people try and get into their territory, good thing it wasn’t a maroon clown, those things are evil and it would probably be a worse bite. Haha, so how is your stocking looking?
I wasn't even in his territory! So I was going to add two designer ocellaris clowns and add another anemone or coral for them but of course there is 588 reasons why that's a bad idea, but I might get a baby blue tang and keep it for half a year and see how it goes

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time you swap a tang you risk bringing in disease and wiping out your tank.

Doesn't seem worth it... Can just get a nice blue colored dwarf angel instead that you won't need to re-home.
Maybe a big blue damselfish, I kinda want a really messy fish so I have a excuse for more CUC and inverts but I was planning on a tiger tail cucumber (proper care and are these toxic I have heard these cucumbers to be not toxic unlike other cucumbers) cleaner shrimp, 5 Trochus Pincushion urchin and a brittle star (Unknown if it is a micro or not)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a big blue damselfish, I kinda want a really messy fish so I have a excuse for more CUC and inverts but I was planning on a tiger tail cucumber (proper care and are these toxic I have heard these cucumbers to be not toxic unlike other cucumbers) cleaner shrimp, 5 Trochus Pincushion urchin and a brittle star (Unknown if it is a micro or not)
+ Copepods and Mysis Shrimp (Apparently you can culture Mysis Shrimp)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back