Pairing an AI Nero 3 to an existing tank

Ecotech Marine

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all

I just received my Nero 3 in the mail and I went to pair it using the app. I already have a tank setup, as i have an AI Prime 16. When I select pair and then select my existing tank, the Nero 3 shows up but is greyed out and I cannot select it in order to add it to the existing tank. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Zoanthids

Rickybobby

View Badges
Reaction score
You can not add the Nero to a light. It must be separate. You must create a new icon. So when you see your dashboard you will see a pump and a light

Attachments

• 33F9BB29-5436-4D1C-B3C5-D27B987AF14C.png
    33F9BB29-5436-4D1C-B3C5-D27B987AF14C.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 25
OP
R

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You can not add the Nero to a light. It must be separate. You must create a new icon. So when you see your dashboard you will see a pump and a light
That is what I ended up doing. That's kind of disappointing thought. I liked the idea of being able to assign equipment to a tank. Any idea if they plan to fix that or is that by design?

Rickybobby

View Badges
Reaction score
I think it’s fine. No harm. Why wouldn’t you want your pumps to be separate. Trust me it’s very simple

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
R

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think it’s fine. No harm. Why wouldn’t you want your pumps to be separate. Trust me it’s very simple
I just figured if they were to create a user interface that consists on naming a 'Tank' it would consist of all the equipment in said tank. If i have 3 tanks all consisting of AI equipment it would be cool to monitor each piece in its respective tank

mcd

View Badges
Reaction score
I just figured if they were to create a user interface that consists on naming a 'Tank' it would consist of all the equipment in said tank. If i have 3 tanks all consisting of AI equipment it would be cool to monitor each piece in its respective tank
I totally agree, this threw me off as well. Still works fine but sorta confusing the way they laid out the setup.

Do you own a fish trap and acclimation box or just one or the other?

• I own both a fish trap and acclimation box

Votes: 59 15.7%
  • Just a fish trap

Votes: 46 12.3%
  • Just an acclimation box

Votes: 102 27.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 162 43.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.6%
Motorcitycorals