KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1596506500809.png

The anemones are looking 1/10th as good these days but the clowns look the same :)

I ordered 3 bottles of rotifers as well as super concentrated phyto - the place I ordered doesn't seem to sell phyto you can culture probably to keep you buying so I will continue to search for some live. I cultured it way back 10+ years ago but given that I am in a rural area I'd rather have a constant live supply since time is one thing I have a lot of, except when it comes to waiting for deliveries.

I'm not really sure if I just just lift out the rock or try and catch the larvae when they hatch. I'm looking at getting a vossen trap but shipping to Canada is pricey. Other then that, I just bought a bunch more airline, valves ect and brine shrimp eggs, tiny heaters (for rotifer cultures) ect. I have sponges in the sump so I will have filtration in the future.

Once I get this stuff I hopefully will have everything I need.
IM DROOLING

That pair is amazing.... I hope for great success with the clutch, so fun.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imma just say it now, I. Love. Maroon. Clownfish.
Seriously, I love the deep, almost black maroon yours is. I hope mine gets that colour some day.
Love that deep maroon, its showstopping in some tanks in my opinion! Also really awesome when its a bigger specimen.

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There I was at the LFS swapping frags w/my local reefer buddy @BighohoReef when I saw this cute little gentleman (1-1.5") swimming about in the tank looking like he was prime and ready to be the next sacrifice... I mean... contestant on "Lets Pair that Maroon!"

Not a full maroon, but in a way a little misbar maroon (not sure proper name). Maroon classifications are something I need to work on. Regardless, this little guy was cute and at the hot price of 20$....

Should we bring the contestant down ladies and gentlemen??

giphy.gif

IMG_1927.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1919.MOV
    22.8 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty funky clown, more orange-red. I like it, think that would make an excellent tribu... I mean, mate. Yes... Mate, that's it.
giphy.gif

How he looked at me at the LFS... do I go back?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There I was at the LFS swapping frags w/my local reefer buddy @BighohoReef when I saw this cute little gentleman (1-1.5") swimming about in the tank looking like he was prime and ready to be the next sacrifice... I mean... contestant on "Lets Pair that Maroon!"

Not a full maroon, but in a way a little misbar maroon (not sure proper name). Maroon classifications are something I need to work on. Regardless, this little guy was cute and at the hot price of 20$....

Should we bring the contestant down ladies and gentlemen??

giphy.gif

IMG_1927.PNG

giphy.gif

Bad friend didn’t just tell you on the spot to buy it. Lol

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the baby maroon was not purchased yet.... Wanted to get the feel from the group and see what we were all thinking..

Can always hold out for an even more breath taking maroon, but I worry I find a gorgeous little mate and she decides to make him the punching bag LOL. Should I consider a critter keeper inside the tank to keep them sperated? Not too sure about egg crate, maroon might be too small!

Thanks all for the help!

giphy.gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes def a critter cage,big enough for momma ;)

californiarob

Reef lover with a pirate smiLe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1596506500809.png

The anemones are looking 1/10th as good these days but the clowns look the same :)

I ordered 3 bottles of rotifers as well as super concentrated phyto - the place I ordered doesn't seem to sell phyto you can culture probably to keep you buying so I will continue to search for some live. I cultured it way back 10+ years ago but given that I am in a rural area I'd rather have a constant live supply since time is one thing I have a lot of, except when it comes to waiting for deliveries.

I'm not really sure if I just just lift out the rock or try and catch the larvae when they hatch. I'm looking at getting a vossen trap but shipping to Canada is pricey. Other then that, I just bought a bunch more airline, valves ect and brine shrimp eggs, tiny heaters (for rotifer cultures) ect. I have sponges in the sump so I will have filtration in the future.

Once I get this stuff I hopefully will have everything I need.
your pair looks great, I would just catch the fry in the tank as you might stop the pair from laying, turn those pumps off and flashlight them to the corner, try going to reedmariculture for your rots and micro, they also carry the TDO dry , can you put up another pic of the female, I love her small pattern, as you know all Lightning’s are inbred as there is only one mother in captivity.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree momma in box little guy explore and mom get used to seeing him,will be able to see her reactions when he goes near box ;)

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The established clown should go in the box. This allows the new clown to explore the tank and pick his spot.
Got ya! Well...

I need to go back look and make a decision, oh and also get a critter box! LOL

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ya! Well...

I need to go back look and make a decision, oh and also get a critter box! LOL
When you say critter keeper, I’m picturing the box I’ve brought rodents home in for my old bearded dragon.
C8434B2B-9A56-4105-AE64-161C744C49EB.jpeg

You’ll want something with holes in it so water and oxygen can flow through, she shouldn’t sit in standing water for any length of time.
783192F6-1B0A-46F3-B6E1-E23420ABDD6D.jpeg

that could be what you are talking about, just wanted to mention it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back