Pairing new clowns

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up my first reef tank, an IM mini 40, my first fish are a pair of Onyx clowns and RBTA. They were both juveniles but I did get one bigger then the other. I've had them for about 3 weeks now and the larger on found the RBTA after about the first or second day but the smaller one has been kind of left out. She seems to let him swim pretty close to the RBTA but every once and awhile chases him off. Any tips or tricks to help them pair up or just more time? TIA!

Clowns.jpg

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty they probably just need more time, is the bigger one constantly chasing the smaller one or is it every so often?

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only every once and awhile. The smaller one seems to be trying to make his way closer to the nem and bigger one though.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine since they probably arent paired yet the bigger one is also protecting the nem for the smaller one, once it realizes everything is fine all will be good I believe.

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 clowns in my tank. 2 of them swim side by side and don’t move each other’s side. Another swims near but isn’t attached. The 3 are fine but the 4th host a LTA and won’t let the clowns near the anemone. He tries to attack me if I get close to the anemone. I’ve gotten bit many times but it doesn’t hurt. The 3 clowns stay on the opposite end of the tank. Not sure if your clown will let the other one in. Only time will tell

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back