'Pairing' Wrasses: That's Not How Any of this Works!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely excellent article!! Thanks for sharing your expertise with us!

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great read, I was just thinking of finding a female for my male exquisite wrasse but instead I will just look to add a different type.

Now if there was an easy chart somewhere that would help me to find a compatible "friend" since I am no expert

Weeble10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really enjoyed the read, and perfect timing as I plan my stocking list for a future build. Thanks for contributing to the hobby!

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@evolved Wow! You've said everything I have experienced with wrasse pairs! Everytime I get a pair, the female gets bigger and goes submale and then they start fighting! Great read! Wish people were aware of this as a lot of fish stores sell wrasse "pairs" for more money.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good and valid link.
I see you're on Tapatalk; that's likely the source of the issue.
Yea this new article link doesn't work on taptalk. Tapatalk is the only way I visit forums. O well my gf says I'm on my phone to much guess this is for the best haha

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this new article link doesn't work on taptalk. Tapatalk is the only way I visit forums. O well my gf says I'm on my phone to much guess this is for the best haha
Your loss :)

For those still accessing the site only on Tapatalk, you really should check it out again in your phone's browser. The functionality is way beyond what Tapatalk limits you to, and the site software optimizes it adaptively to mobile browsers.

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn, I was hoping to try a harem of 4 Leopard Wrasses one day. Would a single specimen be "happy" going it alone?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn, I was hoping to try a harem of 4 Leopard Wrasses one day. Would a single specimen be "happy" going it alone?
Leopards can be the exception. Being more tolerant of one another in haremic settings.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I asked about multiple peacock wrasses, I was told they rarely transition to male so keeping multiples is ok

Back