Palboard vs PVC Board - DIY Canopy

Caleb123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
344
Reaction score
141
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I have built an aluminum frame light mount for my Waterbox Peninsula 4820. I want to build some panels to add as a canopy. My idea is to magnetically attach them to the aluminum frame. I would ideally like to purchase material that is already white, will have a nice furniture-like finish/look, and something that will tolerate the saltwater environment.

I have looked at regular PVC board and I’m also currently considering white Palboard. The Palboard is only available in 1/4” thickness, but is supposed to be durable. If I were to get the pvc board, I think I would get either 1/2” or 3/4” thickness. Has anyone here used Palboard or PVC Board for a similar project?

IMG_7449.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new