palmers blue milli

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Palmer's blue mille, and so does Chad. In my tank it looked similar to the ORA blue (under T5s) but in Chad's tank under MH it looks amazing. I don't have any pics because it's on a frag rack relatively close to the surface and he's got a tsunami going on in his tank!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't go so far as to say it's photoshopped, but it is overexposed and under reeflux bulbs, which make lots of acros that blue color.

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have both the ora and palmer's. They look almost identical so I mounted them side by side in the tank to let the encrusting growth run into each other. This collision happened a few months ago. They aren't killing each other but there definitely is a delineation between them. Now I'm not sure what this proves though. My thinking was that if they were the same thing they would grow together. I don't know enough about biology to make any comments about this experiment.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to see Mike's colony today, and it is VERY blue! Since it is a mille, it always has polyp extension, and the polyps are silvery, which hides a bit of the blue underneath. In the reefready picture, I think most of the polyps were retracted, so the blue is really evident. Also, the resolution doesn't appear to be very high, so that would tend to blend the colors. Nevertheless, it is an incredible coral. Unfortunately, I didn't get to speak to Mr. Palmer directly to get the history, and his roommate was not a coral afficinado. Mike has an incredible tank, but as twon points out, he does run RF10k 400W bulbs on (I believe) HQI ballasts. Most of my other milles also like high light to bring out the color to its fullest, so I'm sure this coral is no exception. Also, under standard interior lighting, the frag is also very blue when out of the water.

Dave

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blue mili I have have silver/white polyps.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how mine looks also. I got my blue mille from Maximus over at RC. When I first got it the polyps were blue and silver but now all the polyps look white/silver.

that is where mine came from as well.

i'll try and find the original thread about the palmer's

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250 watt HQI 10K Ushios, no name just my blue millie?

This is suposed to be Tyree something or another, PU from Scooby Doo. (Gonna be Frag Farmer?)
DSC02520.jpg

Bottom left and some kinda blue stag top right.

BlueMillieEnhancedDSC03184.jpg

This one was a PU from a local in MI, and even now that the first has grown out and actually has branches the 2cd is still WAY!! Better!!! It is actually now more purple than blue at the base?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back