Palyathoa not doing well

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, took some water to a really lfs (the other one was 30 miles away) with my refractor and his read it high too...while mine read it normal. So now I know the probable cause of the coral...salinity was way too high. I have already did one water exchange and bought a digital tester. I'll return this bad one and get another one too as backup.
Like someone else suggested; use a calibration solution to verify your test.

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have fish in the tank correct?
I'm surprised you didn't see signs of stress from them way before the paly with this high of salitny...

Glad you found the problem like others have said do it slowly. I would remove like a cup from the tank let the a.t.o fill up rinse and repeat over couple days til desired salinty is made.

OP
OP
J

JohnRougeux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have fish in the tank correct?
I'm surprised you didn't see signs of stress from them way before the paly with this high of salitny...

Glad you found the problem like others have said do it slowly. I would remove like a cup from the tank let the a.t.o fill up rinse and repeat over couple days til desired salinty is made.

Yup, a pair of clowns. They seemed to be doing fine. I don't have an ATO so just doing a water exchange. I did it once, now waiting till today to check salinity (after I learn how to use this new electronic one....I have a new manual one on the way).

At least now I know what has been going on. I guess from now on I need to verify any new equipment that I get in.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, a pair of clowns. They seemed to be doing fine. I don't have an ATO so just doing a water exchange. I did it once, now waiting till today to check salinity (after I learn how to use this new electronic one....I have a new manual one on the way).

At least now I know what has been going on. I guess from now on I need to verify any new equipment that I get in.
No need to waste salt unless you're due for a water change.
Take out 1 cup salt water from tank
Put in 1 cup RODI water.
Every couple of hours

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back