Palytoxin Thread Apology.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I felt this to be an unreasonable degree of palys per gallon. Aware this doesn’t translate out to anyone by guarantee; but from the safe outcome on file considering how many palys that was / source of my ongoing skepticism just for full picture.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I felt this to be an unreasonable degree of palys per gallon. Aware this doesn’t translate out to anyone by guarantee; but from the safe outcome on file considering how many palys that was / source of my ongoing skepticism just for full picture.
Lets see, he killed half his tank. I'm not sure of the point - its widely known that 1) most people can't tell 'zoas' from 'Palys' 2) Most zoas do not have palytoxin 3) palytoxin poisoning seems to occur with inhalation, direct skin contact with a wound, of if eaten. It is well documented that palytoxin poisoning is 'rare' for a lot of reasons. Its also well documented that palytoxin poisoning occurs in people, both in aquaria and in costal areas, and there is a distinct syndrome which can range from mild asthma like symptoms and nausea to severe problems. Point being, If you're working with Palys (or zoas) - use protective gloves, etc. If you get sick, get checked out. saying its hype is to me a little like saying 'saying Russian roulette is dangerous is hype', I've done it weekly for the last 5 weeks and lived'.

Back