Panic's 360g SPS Peninsula

LowDime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love seeing the updates you do for this monster. Can't wait for it to be done. I am sure you are the same way. I am looking at getting a couple sticks to try my luck with them again

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love seeing the updates you do for this monster. Can't wait for it to be done. I am sure you are the same way. I am looking at getting a couple sticks to try my luck with them again

I am getting impatient with the waiting part, but I expected for things to be slower with shipping and now more delay with -8 degree temps. The powdercoat guy is still waiting to get the powder for the stand. As long as I get that in a week or so, I will have time to get it ready for the tank. I just can't have the tank shipping first. I don't want to have rally 7 people to help me move it twice.

My rbta in the 270 decided to have a growth spurt and moved in to my Pink Lemonade colony, wiping out half of it last night. I came home to that dead coral smell and about had a heart attack. I was considering cutting it off at the base before this so that I could acclimated it from the halides to the LEDs in the lagoon before putting it in the new display. I have a jumpstart on that plan now with the addition of cutting off about half of it and tossing it in the trash. Hopefully the rest of it lives. It looks pretty bad right now. Major bummer. They have been right next to each other for a couple of years. Guess it was finally too close for comfort.

LowDime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks a big one. That is one of the reason i dont have any nems in my tank right now. The wife wants one in the biocube with the pair of clowns so maybe i will get one for that tank. I will have to try and get some frags from you to test my luck with SPS in this tank. Never had really good luck with them. Have a couple little chalice frags that seem to be really happy and doing good so maybe i can get some sticks to grow.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks a big one. That is one of the reason i dont have any nems in my tank right now. The wife wants one in the biocube with the pair of clowns so maybe i will get one for that tank. I will have to try and get some frags from you to test my luck with SPS in this tank. Never had really good luck with them. Have a couple little chalice frags that seem to be really happy and doing good so maybe i can get some sticks to grow.

That tank was a nem tank first so technically every thing else is the imposter. Hopefully it’s killing thirst has been quenched. Clowns are easy though. They will host just about anything.

Give me a shout when you want some hearty starter sticks.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank was a nem tank first so technically every thing else is the imposter. Hopefully it’s killing thirst has been quenched. Clowns are easy though. They will host just about anything.

Give me a shout when you want some hearty starter sticks.
I feel you. My gig is destroying the backside of my mini colonies voodoo magic I think, names are silly haha. The side not touching is still growing, so not worth it me to upset the gig and send him off to do more damage.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job on the room remodel and I'm looking forward to seeing that wide of a peninsula tank... I don't think I've even seen one in pics.
Thanks! Check out rds85's awesome build. My tank is almost identical to his.

I feel you. My gig is destroying the backside of my mini colonies voodoo magic I think, names are silly haha. The side not touching is still growing, so not worth it me to upset the gig and send him off to do more damage.
Thats how the Pink Lemonade was for a long time, then finally I guess it had enough and began to release the ghost.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Check out rds85's awesome build. My tank is almost identical to his.

Thats how the Pink Lemonade was for a long time, then finally I guess it had enough and began to release the ghost.
I am sure that time will come where the sticks cannot handle it, but the spouse says the anemone is the only thing that "moves" and I do really like gigs. So it is staying. If it was a "high" end aka expensive coral. I would brake the colony and move it.

How big of delay is your system going through with all this weather and shipping scenarios? I heard KC got some weather, not sure the affect on you though.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure that time will come where the sticks cannot handle it, but the spouse says the anemone is the only thing that "moves" and I do really like gigs. So it is staying. If it was a "high" end aka expensive coral. I would brake the colony and move it.

How big of delay is your system going through with all this weather and shipping scenarios? I heard KC got some weather, not sure the affect on you though.

My neighborhood lost power for most of the day this week and somehow we were not affected. We have a generator and a plan in place for when it does happen, so we’re prepared. It has just been miserably cold. The tank isn’t delayed as far as I know and the powder for the stand powdercoat is the only thing that I know of that has delayed shipping.

The Pink Lemonade colony had only a couple of branches holding on when I got home from work this morning so I pulled the plug on it. Major bummer. Luckily I fragged a few pieces off of it 2 weeks ago before it got stung so hopefully I can regrow a nice colony again.

RIP
C8231386-816A-417C-AC2B-1764B929BC86.jpeg

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighborhood lost power for most of the day this week and somehow we were not affected. We have a generator and a plan in place for when it does happen, so we’re prepared. It has just been miserably cold. The tank isn’t delayed as far as I know and the powder for the stand powdercoat is the only thing that I know of that has delayed shipping.

The Pink Lemonade colony had only a couple of branches holding on when I got home from work this morning so I pulled the plug on it. Major bummer. Luckily I fragged a few pieces off of it 2 weeks ago before it got stung so hopefully I can regrow a nice colony again.

RIP
We also had some cold here. Hit about -8 at night, but no real issues in CO.

Dang that was a beautiful colony... I am sure your frags will regrow, everything else you have looks stunning and healthy so I wouldn't worry.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RIP

Sorry to hear about the coral loss :( We got down to -17 here, but no power issues.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, it happens... the coldest it got here was -8. Pretty normal winter for us. 65 one day, 10 degrees the next week, -10 the week after. Repeat. Then boom! It’s summer and I’m on the dock with a beer in my hand complaining about how big the boat wakes are.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, it happens... the coldest it got here was -8. Pretty normal winter for us. 65 one day, 10 degrees the next week, -10 the week after. Repeat. Then boom! It’s summer and I’m on the dock with a beer in my hand complaining about how big the boat wakes are.
Same here, except the last two years we've also been complaining about how well the Chiefs are playing. lol

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RIP
awe man, i was hoping to get another frag w/ my next order. the frag you cut me was huge!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back