PartC overdose!

jhadaway

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
751
Reaction score
545
Location
Pasadena, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I make a huge mistake on my doser and have been putting in 208ml of part c extra per day for about a week. My salinity is at 40 and i’m losing a hammer and some montipora already. Also as luck would have my rodi is broken and waiting on parts right after a snowstorm. I have 5 gals of distilled water to work with. If i just pull some saltwater for rodi will i throw the ionic balance out of whack?
 
Dropping salinity is far easier and safer than raising it quickly. Pull 1/2 to 1 gallon at a time and replace with freshwater. Check salinity. Get it back to 35ppt
 
I do not think it is any big concern except elevated salinity, which I'd slowly lower.

Hold off dosing more Part C until you get to the time where that amount would have been added anyway.
 
Thanks both of you. I miss All4reef man. Life was much simpler.
 
I was using a ton of it and it was getting really expensive in my 100.3. I have a 235 that should have been up a year ago ( long story) and i wanted to make the switch to get used to it. I dose 210 ml of alk everyday now. I’ll be primarily kalk to start with the new tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new