PARwise

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this, or are they not around yet? I've just ordered one, delivery will be the first week in January.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mark Goode

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First impressions:

User instructions

1. Plug the PARwise into your device
2. Open Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
3. Go to www.par-wise.com/app
4.Click the connect button
5. Select your device from the pop-up menu
6. You will now see data, learn more at PARwise.com

First use:
It needs to be held in place in the water, otherwise the cable tries to re-coil and the meter won't stay in place. But you need two hands to use the app on your phone, so measuring PAR is a two person job.

With the assistance of the wife I took my first PAR reading - PAR: 0

Take the probe out of the water and check it over. All looks okay, so try again. PAR:0.

I've got readings for Peak, Lux and Colour, 'not valid' for CCT and DLI = 0. All the values have little question mark icons, none of which do anything.

Okay, take the probe outside on this slightly cloudy Christmas eve and try it there - PAR:0.

Hmm. Go to PARwise.com, as per the instructions above: website not found.

Don't buy this guys, at least not yet. It's been rushed to market for Christmas, but the software/firmware clearly isn't ready.

EDIT: The URL given in the instruction leaflet for more information is incorrect, there's a hyphen between PAR and wise. I'm reading the documentation now, and I may revise this review later.

EDIT 2: Instructions and FAQ dont say why neither my tank or winter sunshine have any PAR. It may be me being dumb, but my shrink said I have a high IQ...

Last edited:

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Mark Goode any idea if they ship to the USA? I want to buy one, I've emailed them, but no response.

I wonder if this differs from the Seneye or offers more readings?

OP
OP
Mark Goode

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mark Goode any idea if they ship to the USA? I want to buy one, I've emailed them, but no response.

I wonder if this differs from the Seneye or offers more readings?
I would think the PARwise will be available USA before long, they are part of Seneye after all.

OP
OP
Mark Goode

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update. I contacted PARwise support just after New Year, and they replied the following day asking to be granted remote access to a PC (via Teamviewer) with the PARwise probe attached. I'm always nervous about allowing anyone remote access to anything, but I agreed. I left the PC switched on and went to work. They obviously tickled the firmware a bit, and within a couple of hours I received an email saying the device was fixed. Good service I think, and the device works well. I've even mastered the art of working with the probe in one hand and my phone in the other.

I've changed my opinion, and I'm now happy to recommend this device.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A quick update. I contacted PARwise support just after New Year, and they replied the following day asking to be granted remote access to a PC (via Teamviewer) with the PARwise probe attached. I'm always nervous about allowing anyone remote access to anything, but I agreed. I left the PC switched on and went to work. They obviously tickled the firmware a bit, and within a couple of hours I received an email saying the device was fixed. Good service I think, and the device works well. I've even mastered the art of working with the probe in one hand and my phone in the other.

I've changed my opinion, and I'm now happy to recommend this device.
Thanks,

I can't even get them to respond to email or Instagram.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PARwise has landed in the US. Should start seeing them at retail stores soon. I have one on the way.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had a ton of time to play with it, i quickly did an open air test with it under a spare XHO blue bar I had to compare with my 510. Par values were in the ballpark of each other, but not identical. 510 was 85 par, and parwise was 73. So generally close. Then again this was just open air. I havent had a chance to get it in my tank yet. The spectrometer portion is very basic. It gives you a general idea of the spectrum, but doesn't give you the fine details other high end meters will give. For example the XHO is made of 2 wavelength LEDs between 440-470nm. On a higher end meter you can see both peaks from the 2 wavelengths, on parwise you get a more general picture with the peak positioned between the 2 wavelengths, but the overall shape is similar. For the price, its a good tool but dont expect high end meter functionality for the budget price.

Setup was super easy on a Samsung tablet. Also the diffuser on the lens is nice as well. Removes alot of the directionality issues that the seneye has.

here is what the xho looked like:
50871421-8A78-4668-B975-6E7C2512D195.jpeg

Back