Patiently Waiting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna Instruments HI98319........

How about a pre-sale to soothe my wants and needs! :p

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've came close to buying it from the two sites that have it but I decided to give BRS a week or two to get it in also.
Hanna Instruments HI98319........

How about a pre-sale to soothe my wants and needs! :p

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor.gif

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully should be soon. I know that they will not sell anything that they do not back 100%.

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can let us know what you think about the calibration on it as well I remember Ryan saying that the other salinity pens didn't seem to hold calibration very well on a live stream which is why you guys didn't have them yet.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cyricdark That's actually one of the things I appreciated about this device. It's a snap to calibrate, includes calibration solution with it, and doesn't seem to have issues with rapid drift like the others I've looked at. One of the things Hanna did to address this issue is to use graphite contacts instead of steel, to reduce corrosion in saltwater use. The readings I have been taking have been steady, and I can go back to the standard solution and double check calibration and it's still getting good readings.

One thing I did note, which has been interesting and thought provoking, is that this meter does tend to read slightly lower (1-2 ppt) than a handheld refractometer, particularly in older established aquariums. Due to the fact that light refraction meters can be affected by non-conductive dissolved substances, this can create a situation where the refracto reads a higher level of salt concentration than is accurate, even if properly calibrated. Couple that with the general accuracy ratings of these meters, and it's not surprising to see a slight discrepancy between the two. In the end, as long as they are both giving consistent readings and are calibrated, I think either is acceptable, but based on the argument that conductivity is a better measurement of dissolved salt ions, I'm wondering to myself if I should be using the EC meter over the refracto.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious and asking in advance. Do you offer senior citizen discounts? ;Hilarious

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back