Paul’s 240 gallon upgrade!

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sweet! What are you flying?

I’ve had copepods accompany me in a PC12 and a pair of clownfish in a CE525 during my corporate flying days.

Flying an Embraer 145 now 121 so pretty much impossible to get to fish stores on overnights.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had copepods accompany me in a PC12 and a pair of clownfish in a CE525 during my corporate flying days.

Flying an Embraer 145 now 121 so pretty much impossible to get to fish stores on overnights.

Oh for what operator?

I instructed on the 525 with CAE for a while and flew the 145 with ExpressJet for almost 10 years!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gil and the gang are doing well. Ate this morning and again this afternoon. Gil has taken to the nori after watching the PTs enjoy it. He now hovers around the clip and is never more than 3” from its location.

I’m surprised at how personable he is. The tangs dart into their PVC homes when I first come in and still need a few minutes to warm up to me but Gil could care less.

Fed them with GC and upped their copper by 2.5ml this morning and I’ll do so again this evening. Should bring me up to just under 1.5.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plane nerds!

Lol. Eh. It may come off like I am, but I only know the 5 airplanes I’m typed in. Sometimes I’ll hear “follow the hawker on Bravo, you’re number 3. Contact tower on 119.5” and I’ll read back but the only thing I’m thinking is, “which one is the hawker?!”

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Eh. It may come off like I am, but I only know the 5 airplanes I’m typed in. Sometimes I’ll hear “follow the hawker on Bravo, you’re number 3. Contact tower on 119.5” and I’ll read back but the only thing I’m thinking is, “which one is the hawker?!”

Lol, not helping your case bro.

I kid, you know that. If I hadn’t gone scuba, I think I’d have ended up flying. For some reason, A LOT of the technical deep/penetration guys and girls are also PPL. The technical aspects of both require similar focus and discipline which is why I feel it ‘calls’ to them

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not helping your case bro.

I kid, you know that. If I hadn’t gone scuba, I think I’d have ended up flying. For some reason, A LOT of the technical deep/penetration guys and girls are also PPL. The technical aspects of both require similar focus and discipline which is why I feel it ‘calls’ to them

I know your joking, man. What I am going to report you for is your above average knowledge of how plumbing works.... butt

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny tiny update:

Today is day one of officially being in the therapeutic levels of copper at 1.63.

Last night, the purple tangs weren’t as eager to eat as they have been. The Idol, however, has been eating like a pig. I will raise copper another .15 today to get me in the middle of the therapeutic range

I have noticed some HLLE on both tangs, something I believe maybe due to copper and poor nutrition/water quality. I’m currently feeding GC with selcon and making sure ammonia doesn’t rise. It’s a delicate balance keeping the Idol fed and keeping water quality high but I’m on vacation for the next three weeks so this shouldn’t be an issue. @HotRocks @4FordFamily, anything else I should be doing to keep ahead of HLLE on the tangs?

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny tiny update:

Today is day one of officially being in the therapeutic levels of copper at 1.63.

Last night, the purple tangs were as eager to eat as they have been. The Idol, however, has been eating like a pig. I will raise copper another .15 today to get me in the middle of the therapeutic range

I have noticed some HLLE on both tangs, something I believe maybe due to copper and poor nutrition/water quality. I’m currently feeding GC with selcon and making sure ammonia doesn’t rise. It’s a delicate balance keeping the Idol fed and keeping water quality high but I’m on vacation for the next three weeks so this shouldn’t be an issue. @HotRocks @4FordFamily, anything else I should be doing to keep ahead of HLLE on the tangs?
IMO you’re on the right path. Keeping meds therapeutic almost immediately so as to limit the time in copper would be all else you can do. Feed varied foods soaked particularly in zoecon as well, as it seems to help the most with HLLE.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back