Pavona - should I move?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScoobyJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScoobyJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
161
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

In my first round of corals 5-6 months ago I got a pavona and stuck it pretty much directly under the center hot spot of my light. At the time I was thinking it needed a lot of light. But it is now obviously bleaching. It seems I should move this coral now breaking it off and moving it to a more indirect location.

Can I get some thoughts? Agree/Disagree? It's always good to hear a 2nd opinion.

J.

20200416_105128.jpg
 
I’d move it lower. Also be aware that once those start growing they can take over an entire tank and are extremely difficult to completely kill. I’d suggest mounting on its own piece of rubble/rock that way you can find its happy place and prevent its spread. This one here started as a broken chip that I didn’t notice and has now hopelessly devoured a huge piece of rock, it’s sponge colonies and a huge acropora and montipora. I’ve tried killing it 1000 times to no avail.

C73DA37B-3B1E-4DDE-ABF5-25DB99836251.jpeg
 
Thanks, I'll make a move during my next tank maintenance.

Cheers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new