PC computer fans to wall outlet. How many?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
1,767
Reaction score
2,071
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CRJ DC 12v Power Supply: https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-Power-Supply-4-Pin-Computer/dp/B071FNN9W7/

I have several fans left over from old PC builds. Most are Noctua, NZXT, and a several Corsair. I also have more than enough extensions and splits.

but I'm not sure how many fans I can chain to this...

120mm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KF7R49S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

140mm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07655KF5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1


thoughts?


Edit: I see now. 120mm is .1a, and the 140mm is .13a
 
Last edited:
Limited by the current on your dc power supply most likely.
 
Pretty easy to figure out.

12V 1a power supply.

The 120mm fan you linked is .1a.

1 amp power supply. Fan draws .1a.

10 ;)
 
Pretty easy to figure out.

12V 1a power supply.

The 120mm fan you linked is .1a.

1 amp power supply. Fan draws .1a.

10 ;)

All I see is 12v listed in the item description. Where do you see .1a? I must be blind.

Edit: I see now. 120mm is .1a, and the 140mm is .13a
 
Last edited:
Your power supply is rated for 1A current so probably somewhere between 1.5-5 fans depending in their draw. I have seen them from 200ma to 700ma and the listings you posted didn't say. I would look into a beefier power supply with a higher current ratings if you want to run several, or research the exact fans you have to see their current draw.
 
All I see is 12v listed in the item description. Where do you see .1a? I must be blind.

Look at the picture of the fan. Says .1a right on it.
 
I run two on a 12v power outlet. I have had up to 6 running at one time. but I do see that the more of a load the slower they run.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new