PC Rainbow Color

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve grown this out twice from frags. Both times, the frags look beautiful and really colorful. Then it grows into a pretty regular looking red acro. However even when I would cut frags to sell/give away and let them sit in my grow out area, they would get super colorful too.

Here’s what the mothers eventually turn into.
0fda1af2e988f4dc2a6e6f03b6ab9019.jpg

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve grown this out twice from frags. Both times, the frags look beautiful and really colorful. Then it grows into a pretty regular looking red acro. However even when I would cut frags to sell/give away and let them sit in my grow out area, they would get super colorful too.

are the ones in your DT under high light?

Hammer100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one that was a nice colorful frag then is started to encrust a little and held color till about 4 weeks in my tank then turned green and shrank back to original size and hasnt changed any in the last 3 months other than the tips always seem to have filaments on them.
i am thinking of prying it up and relocating but i thought i put in a prime spot.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How large did yours get before it basically turned one color? I have a small one but larger than a frag but it's still colorful for now.

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a booger of this awhile back and now it's about 3/4". Getting blasted by flow and tons of light (~470 PAR, Maxispect Recurve). Waiting for it to hit critical mass when it really grows (one of the quickest growing sps IME).

2018_07_02_pc_rainbow.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower light will give it that nice rainbow look it gets it name for. Higher light and it looks like SawDonkeys colony. I couldn't figure it out either until I noticed that any piece I removed from my DT under 400 par that was all maroonish red went all rainbow in my frag tank at 150-200 par.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 102 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back