PC Rainbow Color

I actually think the PC Rainbow is one of the easiest to keep. Problem is most people put the PC Rainbow under too much light. Keep it lower and it will color up beautifully.

What’s too much? 200PAR? I don’t have a par meter, but a chart from the hydra26hd shows I’m in the 200-300PAR range.
 
This is mine after a month in my tank. Started out solid red and has slowly changed to this.

IMG_1120.JPG
 
Boom is right. in fact, after much trial and error, one frag of mine is coloring up nicely in the 150 range.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new