Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If one, then I would use F-Aiptasia. Unfortunately, if you found one, their are likely some more somewhere in the tank. Peppermint shrimp are hit or miss, depending on the sub-species. Still, if only a few then I would try F-Aiptasia.

NexisG

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a 20 gallon long and I finally noticed one pretty big aiptasia in my tank. Should I even try peppermint shrimp? I have already had a negative experience with a skunk cleaner so would it be worth it? Any other types of aiptasia killers you recommend?
If you do wanna try peppermint shrimp only get them at a trusted LFS that knows what their doing. Otherwise you might get camel shrimp or some other non peppermint shrimp.

OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If one, then I would use F-Aiptasia. Unfortunately, if you found one, their are likely some more somewhere in the tank. Peppermint shrimp are hit or miss, depending on the sub-species. Still, if only a few then I would try F-Aiptasia.
Ok thanks. I’m debating getting a peppermint shrimp only because I can see a small on on one of my zoa frags as well. Any other aiptasia eaters you recommend for a nano?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ok thanks. I’m debating getting a peppermint shrimp only because I can see a small on on one of my spa frags as well. Any other aiptasia eaters you recommend for a nano?
Short of having an outbreak, not really. When I have aiptasia outbreaks I go with Berghia Nudis, but they only work in packs, and they are expensive. IMO, I would use either F-aiptasia or cover it in epoxy. You can remove both in a few weeks. I have seen Peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia, but only noticed they hunt in a small area and don't move around the tank, at least IME. Peppermint shrimp are cool to have, but remember that it will need to feed, whether its aiptasia or mysis/brine shrimp.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What was ur bad exp with the skunk cleaner? I.love em and plan on adding 3. Lol
D
I know this is probably on me, but it would go and rip out food from the mouth of every single one of my coral. I think it has killed my wwc Illuminati zoa’s because they no longer open up and it’s been more than a month. It also took me like 2 hours to get it out of my tank and I had to rip apart the entire tank to do it.

jprovido

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a 20 gallon long and I finally noticed one pretty big aiptasia in my tank. Should I even try peppermint shrimp? I have already had a negative experience with a skunk cleaner so would it be worth it? Any other types of aiptasia killers you recommend?
I have 1 peppermint in my 25 and 3 in my 75 when i started noticing aptasia in the tank. So far they have been controlling it well. I heard nudis work great but thankfully i dont need to go that route yet.

A Piece of the Ocean for Every Reef Tank
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have 1 peppermint in my 25 and 3 in my 75 when i started noticing aptasia in the tank. So far they have been controlling it well. I heard nudis work great but thankfully i dont need to go that route yet.
I think I’m going to try the peppermint shrimp out. Hopefully my LFS has the kind I need.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Peppermints did not work for me. The problem only got worse and worse.

A chelmon marginalis (a type of copperband butterfly fish) did the trick perfectly.

AquaCave Logo Banner

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ok thanks. I’m debating getting a peppermint shrimp only because I can see a small on on one of my zoa frags as well. Any other aiptasia eaters you recommend for a nano?
I tried peppermints, they never touched them. They did though kill my snails and eat them. Flipped them over from the glass and kept doing that

jskoms

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I found one little Aiptasia in my tank recently. I got a peppermint shrimp without really any expectations. They are a hit or miss. Some variants eat them, others don't. The very next morning that Aiptasia was gone. So, I got lucky. If I were you, I'd try it.
Identical results for me.

A Piece of the Ocean for Every Reef Tank

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

BRS

What's the first coral you ever bought?

• An invasive soft coral

Votes: 69 18.9%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 96 26.3%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 57 15.6%