Peppermint shrimp gone rogue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Valkyrie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Valkyrie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
441
Location
Washington State
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is HUGE. Not too long about we saw it turning over a stomatella, over and over. Then he carried it off. We now realize that ALL of our stomatella are GONE. We're pretty sure this guy has eaten them all. It's not like I don't feed him! He gets plenty. He's not shy either. But I think we made a terrible mistake.
A week ago we bought a beautiful pipefish. Our tank is teeming with pods and it was eating quite regularly right away, even liked one of the frozen foods that I feed. Today I noticed that it appears the pipefish has had it's snout chewed off. Devastating! He was so sweet and now he's going to die. I've never seen the two clown fish in the tank bother anyone so I don't suspect them at all. The only creature that has shown any kind of aggression has been that darn shrimp.
If I put him in my sump with my hermit crabs (different aquarium altogether), will he mind his manners or do you think someone is going to end up lunch?

I'm so sorry Mr. Monty Pipefish. We'll make sure this never happens to another.
 
I was told they become fish eaters when they get large.
 
Whenever I utilize a peppermint shrimp, I remove it directly after its job is done, or else they always go rogue on me. They pick at my more fleshy corals.
 
Well, that's it. Time to go buy a bottle of soda and make a trap or I'll get a non reef safe fish to take the menace out. j/k ;Walkingdead

I've been trying to catch my cleaner for a few days now. He's a freaking ninja!!
 
The bottle with inverted top trick has worked every time for me. Sometimes have to wait a while though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new