OP
Cory

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have to leave the UV on for the dinos to stay away, or were you able to turn it off and have them remain gone?
Im too scared to turn it off lol. Whats interesting is that now that dinos are gone hair algae is coming back very slowly and po4 is rising by iteslf (i dosed before) and pods are coming back (copepods). Overall the tank looks happier. Fish are calmer now where before they were skittish. Maybe the uv killed something else that was stressing fish. The glass needs to be cleaned weekly where its just spots of green algae and not a full foggy green coating. The benefits are too good to stop imo. If i notice a bad thing i might turn it off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Does this seem right?
Screenshot_20200719-131938_Samsung Internet.jpg
It’s 1ml per 10 gallons

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this turn out

will you post current tank shot Cory

in another thread we were just debating the shearing screaming risk that is 3% dosed at one mil per ten gallons
heh
how is the Chernobyl system

jccaclimber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this turn out

in another thread we were just debating the shearing screaming risk that is 3% dosed at one mil per ten gallons
heh
On a related note I’ve been killing hair algae and a few dinos with 34% H2O2 at a rate as high as 2 mL/10gallons for several days in a row. I’m spot treating, not dosing to the water column. It’s heavier than salt water and leaves a path of death as it flows downhill, but so long as I keep it off the coral they’ve been fine.
I do let it all bubble out before turning any pumps back on. I’m having issues, but none got any worse when I started this.
I would not advise dosing anywhere hear that much directly to the water column.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corys thread has many applications in cycle studies

this much peroxide was supposed to kill biofilters, anyone would agree

his tank didn’t recycle so it’s amazing science.

I have a reef where most corals are immune to direct 35% and its runoff, my poor shrimp lol. we worked up to this over years time, habituation.

turn music down we aren’t watching that for its fine tunes it’s for squirting 35% peroxide into a one gallon reef with sps stuck all over it, nothing dies. My hand burns for two hours if contacted, but the shrimp plays in it then in two hours all is normal. I do not know how that works. The mushroom corals didn’t die they divided with direct contact and multiplied. Made me wonder if we could induce bounce mushrooms to propagate with it.

if any reef should be killed or have its biofilter killed by 35%, a one gallon vase reef would certainly be a good candidate. All our reefs are peroxide tough- Cory has however tested it to the extreme.

his follow up pics help us chart long term impact if any to reef communities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cory

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this turn out

heh
The montipora died when i got brave and dosed 10 mls of 35% peroxide. Stupid star polyps lived... lol im happy though. Tabks doing great but it wasnt the peroxide it was the uv sterilizer. No way am I posting a whole tank shot lol

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back