Perry's 90 Gallon SCA Acro Upgrade

OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
A huge task indeed. I would say "take your time", but instead I will just say "take tomorrow off".

Wishing you da best!
Hey Scott!!!
Well so far no coral losses or fish losses :) Pretty certain that the biome will be wampy for a bit, but all in all, I say success :)
And yeah, off today ;)

Avast
OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tank and stand looks amazing. Definitely love the SCA aquarium. I’ve always wanted a 150. Can’t wait to see the finish aquascape. Hopefully everything made it over for the swap.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your compliments!
The bommie turned out exactly as planned :)

OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here she is, lights up, now just some organizing and we're good to go. Forgive the messy photos, but here's an idea of the finished product :)

20210426_111741.jpg

20210426_111926.jpg

20210426_111955.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Man that looks awesome. Plenty of room for sps to grow out and plenty of waterway for your fish to swim.

Thanks Matt!
I had a single bommie in mind, I feel it is what I envisioned :) My custom lid will be here in May, so holding off on fish until then, but I will be adding several more, only 9 right now. Obviously more to come :)

BRS
OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Man stunning photos and sps collection. I can’t wait to see what that WD does in a few months. That guy as so many tips.

Thanks Matt!
That WD was sourced directly from BigR, from a buddy of mine. It is 100% the one that steals the show and is displayed pretty much dead center of yhe tank :) I would classify it currently as a mini colony, as it has around 15 branches, most 1" +

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Still moving things around, and trying to find the perfect location for all corals. The plan here is to update monthly with a FTS to show progress. So, here is my May 2021 FTS, the transfer is now 2 weeks in, and the system is starting to settle.
20210508_165737.jpg

OP
Perry

Perry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
man that looks amazing so far. Glad everything is going smoothly with the transfer.
What bulb combo did you go with? I’m switching out my hydra 26 for a 4 bulb ati.

Hey Matt!
I am and have been using a 50/50 combo Blue+ and Coral+ and a sb reefbar blue on either side of the fixture, helping with pop :)

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Matt!
I am and have been using a 50/50 combo Blue+ and Coral+ and a sb reefbar blue on either side of the fixture, helping with pop :)
Thanks. I ended up ordering when the ati bulbs were on sale 3 blue+ and coral+ And went ahead and order 7lbs of alk and calcium in case I ever need it. Lol

Corals.com

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 274 62.6%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 107 24.4%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.8%