Perry's 90 Gallon SCA Acro Upgrade

A huge task indeed. I would say "take your time", but instead I will just say "take tomorrow off".

Wishing you da best!
Hey Scott!!!
Well so far no coral losses or fish losses :) Pretty certain that the biome will be wampy for a bit, but all in all, I say success :)
And yeah, off today ;)
 
Tank and stand looks amazing. Definitely love the SCA aquarium. I’ve always wanted a 150. Can’t wait to see the finish aquascape. Hopefully everything made it over for the swap.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your compliments!
The bommie turned out exactly as planned :)
 
Here she is, lights up, now just some organizing and we're good to go. Forgive the messy photos, but here's an idea of the finished product :)

20210426_111741.jpg


20210426_111926.jpg

20210426_111955.jpg
 
Man that looks awesome. Plenty of room for sps to grow out and plenty of waterway for your fish to swim.

Thanks Matt!
I had a single bommie in mind, I feel it is what I envisioned :) My custom lid will be here in May, so holding off on fish until then, but I will be adding several more, only 9 right now. Obviously more to come :)
 
Man stunning photos and sps collection. I can’t wait to see what that WD does in a few months. That guy as so many tips.

Thanks Matt!
That WD was sourced directly from BigR, from a buddy of mine. It is 100% the one that steals the show and is displayed pretty much dead center of yhe tank :) I would classify it currently as a mini colony, as it has around 15 branches, most 1" +
 
Still moving things around, and trying to find the perfect location for all corals. The plan here is to update monthly with a FTS to show progress. So, here is my May 2021 FTS, the transfer is now 2 weeks in, and the system is starting to settle.
20210508_165737.jpg
 
man that looks amazing so far. Glad everything is going smoothly with the transfer.
What bulb combo did you go with? I’m switching out my hydra 26 for a 4 bulb ati.

Hey Matt!
I am and have been using a 50/50 combo Blue+ and Coral+ and a sb reefbar blue on either side of the fixture, helping with pop :)
 
Hey Matt!
I am and have been using a 50/50 combo Blue+ and Coral+ and a sb reefbar blue on either side of the fixture, helping with pop :)
Thanks. I ended up ordering when the ati bulbs were on sale 3 blue+ and coral+ And went ahead and order 7lbs of alk and calcium in case I ever need it. Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new