OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you made the right choice man. Your not going to Best the 6 bulb Ati fixture. It’ll be like tour old tank. Now I need to find one as well. Lol

Hey Matt,
The decision was rough, I really think I had the LED power to work with the hybrid, but I prefer to focus more on biology and chemistry, and simply know that lighting won't be of concern, nor would I need to test par, or play with lighting curves. The tank is 20" wide, and 20" deep, less than 1.5" below water line and 1" sandbed. So really about 18" depth, so 6 bulbs at around 15" above water line should be perfect. Last tank, I was growing acros on the sandbed in a 24" deep tank, so yeah, best choice for me :)
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
ATI here and installed last night, looks really nice suspended above the tank. Currently a week in to using Probiotic Method from Aquaforest. Tank is looking nice and clean, poised for a round of teaser frags coming this Saturday.
Will update with pics over the weekend :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to look at, but a quick cell phone pic for revised scape and light. Thanks for following :)
20200306_163554.jpg

Bigwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI is my favorite! Nothing new or nothing fancy but just plain effective. Add a few Reefbrite strips and its all the light and looks you will ever need

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI is my favorite! Nothing new or nothing fancy but just plain effective. Add a few Reefbrite strips and its all the light and looks you will ever need

Yes sir, I concur :) love ATI, and cannot say enough about it's capability for growing corals. Thinking the bulb combo is sweet, I do have an actinic strip, Current True Lumen, on the rear of the tank, probably will add another strip to the front and call it a day, lol. I very much love the lighting spread and flatness of the light, just perfect for my eye.
Cheers

Bigwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir, I concur :) love ATI, and cannot say enough about it's capability for growing corals. Thinking the bulb combo is sweet, I do have an actinic strip, Current True Lumen, on the rear of the tank, probably will add another strip to the front and call it a day, lol. I very much love the lighting spread and flatness of the light, just perfect for my eye.
Cheers
I use a ATI 10 bulb with 2 Kessil360x and a Reef brite

5014DC0C-382B-4D0E-9026-13B5808B80C4.jpeg

Bigwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol,
Dude, that looks sweet!!!
Might have to hit you up for some frags, next time you are around :) Great job with that tank brother!!!
Look forward to seeing you again in the future :)
For sure! I’m running that tank with water from the beach and it’s been flawless. That’s my wife’s tank and she loves it. She hates Sps which is my love so she willnt let me put any in there .

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving it Perry. Things looks clean and ready for sticks again. You are really in my head about going to T5. I'll be moving myself and my tank to Nebraska this Summer and it might be a good time to make the switch.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving it Perry. Things looks clean and ready for sticks again. You are really in my head about going to T5. I'll be moving myself and my tank to Nebraska this Summer and it might be a good time to make the switch.
Lol my brother Tim!
I have used T5 since the days of only halides can grow SPS, lol. The lights simply work, I am a tinkerer, but my tinkering is better served on not tweaking lighting, I just can't help myself with LED'S and app's and stuff, lol. Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure! I’m running that tank with water from the beach and it’s been flawless. That’s my wife’s tank and she loves it. She hates Sps which is my love so she willnt let me put any in there .
Wow,
Totally cool!
I love what you are doing with that tank :)
I have a cool place for your clippings to grow, lol, no worries about the wife not liking SPS, I can help out, lol :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 SPS added to the system yesterday, all were donated from my buddy Scott, who has an amazing tank. He even tossed in a HW nub, it's really small, lol. FF digi, spongegodes, cherry tree monti, green monti, green slimer, green hummilus, neon green tenuis, unknown acro, blue tort, purple stylo. So far so good, and a few pics :)

20200308_103201.jpg 20200308_103222.jpg 20200308_103306.jpg 20200308_103256.jpg 20200308_103243.jpg 20200308_103236.jpg

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank and corals look great with the T5's over it mate. I'd love to see a trend of people getting back into T5 and MH.
My favourite tanks over the years have always been lit by them. Including your old 120 :)
Hope the corals do well mate!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%

Back