Perry's Shallow Water Acro Dominant Build Thread

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Brandon!
Taking photos can be challenging, I use Samsung Pro mode, 10k setting, during full spectrum. I use Lightroom to post edit to match as closely as my eyes see. No filters, and not under blue. As accurate to what you would see real life. Thanks for looking over the journal :)
My pleasure! That’s the best way to take pictures! They are looking great! Very well done!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure! That’s the best way to take pictures! They are looking great! Very well done!

Thanks again Brandon!
I love seeing your recent success, not just in ROTM, but others too, looking forward to your interview with Reefbum. You're like an "old soul" my friend, and clearly wise beyond your years ;) You also are doing the hobby justice in your professional endeavors as well, so keep up the great work.
Cheers

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Brandon!
I love seeing your recent success, not just in ROTM, but others too, looking forward to your interview with Reefbum. You're like an "old soul" my friend, and clearly wise beyond your years ;) You also are doing the hobby justice in your professional endeavors as well, so keep up the great work.
Cheers
That’s very nice of you, thank you! Yes I am excited about the interview as well! Yeah I’d agree I think I’m an old soul too! ;Hilarious

I do my best and I am really glad people are enjoying what I have to share! You keep up the good work too, I’m really loving how your tank is coming along and I praise your patience and perseverance!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something interesting observed this morning.... Tried to tag Charlie in as a tenuis aficionado, but that's not working, lol. @Charlie's Frags = no tag ;) Anyway, I shutdown skimmer this morning, and fed a nice coral food cocktail, including AF amino's, Oyster eggs, and reef roids. About 3 minutes later, lights all off still, I shined a flashlight in to take a peak at my corals feeding response. All acros polyps were out, including feeders, but every tenuis, I have 6, were all shutdown, no polyps, which tells me tha they likely just ate. I am tending to think that they are more aggressive feeders, hence why they prefer more nutrients... hmmm, very interesting :)
Also, flashlight alsi revealed hundreds of live mysis in my overflow, hopefully they got some food too :)

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something interesting observed this morning.... Tried to tag Charlie in as a tenuis aficionado, but that's not working, lol. @Charlie's Frags = no tag ;) Anyway, I shutdown skimmer this morning, and fed a nice coral food cocktail, including AF amino's, Oyster eggs, and reef roids. About 3 minutes later, lights all off still, I shined a flashlight in to take a peak at my corals feeding response. All acros polyps were out, including feeders, but every tenuis, I have 6, were all shutdown, no polyps, which tells me tha they likely just ate. I am tending to think that they are more aggressive feeders, hence why they prefer more nutrients... hmmm, very interesting :)
Also, flashlight alsi revealed hundreds of live mysis in my overflow, hopefully they got some food too :)
Tag feature isn’t working for me either

All of my acros retract their polyps when I feed anything to the tank. Frozen mysis, Oyster feast, ab+ etc

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tag feature isn’t working for me either

All of my acros retract their polyps when I feed anything to the tank. Frozen mysis, Oyster feast, ab+ etc

Yeah just interesting how tenuis shutdown all polyps, while all others were waving, again, all 6 tenuis, no other species, just weird... Thanks for chiming in :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And..... The honeymoon of no dosing is finally over, skipped testing alk last week, and decided to measure today.
6.1dkh, so BM doser is online, looks like daily testing for awhile, that was fun while it lasted :) Going to hand dose ca/mg for now, just automating alk, using ESV

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And..... The honeymoon of no dosing is finally over, skipped testing alk last week, and decided to measure today.
6.1dkh, so BM doser is online, looks like daily testing for awhile, that was fun while it lasted :) Going to hand dose ca/mg for now, just automating alk, using ESV

You had a good run there. :)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That was a pretty good run. I just ordered the individual parts to make my own TM all for reef for my holding tank and picked up the Kamoer x1 pro as the doser. Hopefully that will keep it going until I set up the 25g lagoon? My LFS picked up some really nice tenuis, so hopefully I can add some frags soon before they get named. :p

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a pretty good run. I just ordered the individual parts to make my own TM all for reef for my holding tank and picked up the Kamoer x1 pro as the doser. Hopefully that will keep it going until I set up the 25g lagoon? My LFS picked up some really nice tenuis, so hopefully I can add some frags soon before they get named. :p

Supplies seem limited, but I might have to look deeper into it, I like the idea for sure :)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bittersweet but just means more growth ahead!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bittersweet but just means more growth ahead!

Yes it is Tim, fortunately the acro plan started a year and a half ago, so I still have stuff for the tank unused so far, just have to dust it off, lol :) Sniper SPS bubblegum milli starting to show that very growth, finally...
IMG_20210309_074919_477.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys, I appreciate the compliment :) WD is really going nuts, as you can see, it is definitely a focal point of the display. Things seem to be settling in nicely :)
My WD is my fastest grower also. Not a lot of color yet, nor polyp extension, but golly it can lay down some skeleton fast.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My WD is my fastest grower also. Not a lot of color yet, nor polyp extension, but golly it can lay down some skeleton fast.

Mine is the total opposite. One of pieces with the most PE but grows so slow. A year later and the frag is only double the size when I first got it.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hear you, channeling acro gods for growth and color, lol :) Apparently mine has good dna, she's pretty colorful, if you can see past the polyps :)

20210313_164649.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%

Back