Pest Eating Hammers

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been noticing that my hammer’s skeleton has been decaying/being eaten for the last few days. I didn’t want to unglue it to inspect it but my emerald crab knocked it over this morning. I picked it up and saw a clear/white curled up worm or something sucking on the skeleton. It was excreting something clear or brown. Any idea what it is or how to get rid of it? I got some tweezers out and tried to pull it off and it was hard. I wasn’t able to get a picture but I can try to when I get back home.
 
Could be flatworm. Need pics.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new