Pest ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nkkm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nkkm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
136
Reaction score
101
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I’ve recently been losing some acros from the bottom up. The last couple of day my new red planet started to stn in the same way. I took it out to frag and dip to hopefully save some and saw these over the receded part of the skeleton. Any idea what they are and is this the likely cause?

BD471540-57A4-4633-9BB8-E62F8F0C97F1.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7212.MOV
    7.6 MB
Black bugs or red bugs. Most likely not Ciliates. Ciliates usually reside in the dieing tissue.

What are you using to dip?
 
I’ve nuked my entire tank several times with interceptor. Works phenomenally well and zero collateral damage. The corals actually looked amazing afterwards, I’m thinking they eat all the bugs that die off. Don’t be afraid to use it, it’s safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new