OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish and coral are in the tank! Transfer from my old tank was a success this weekend. Been testing daily with parameters ok.

First priority after the fish transfer was to make a screen. Total cost, under $14.

Used a Lowes screen frame kit and nylon netting from JoAnn
IMG_1976.jpg

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. How do you like that skimmer? I almost bought that for my build.
So far so good. I was a little worried in the beginning with how it was performing but rest assure it just needed to be broken in. I still feel a few more days are needed for it to be dialed in completely. One thing I wish was different is the air line silencer that’s connected to the collection cup cover. Makes taking off the cup for cleaning a little hassle but not to crazy, I’m just being picky.

MSOEME2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Don't get used to that clean sump with that light on! Mine has become nassttty lol.

I did the same thing for my screen lid too lol.

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Don't get used to that clean sump with that light on! Mine has become nassttty lol.

I did the same thing for my screen lid too lol.

Luckily the Eshopps sump has white acrylic walls which doesn't bleed to much light into the other chambers, e.g. skimmer & return.

However, to soon to tell if the light is working. I want a dirty fuge! Ha! Fingers crossed ;)

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. I was a little worried in the beginning with how it was performing but rest assure it just needed to be broken in. I still feel a few more days are needed for it to be dialed in completely. One thing I wish was different is the air line silencer that’s connected to the collection cup cover. Makes taking off the cup for cleaning a little hassle but not to crazy, I’m just being picky.
You'll love it, once you get more gunk to pull out of the water. Mine skims like a monster

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this happened... Rainbow anemone. A nice Father’s Day gift. Hoping this little guy behaves. Gonna have to DIY some kind of cover on the wave pump. Been reading some horror story’s of these guys getting shredded.

9F01ADC1-0CE5-48CC-A8BE-DF9A6522FCA2.jpeg

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s nice I was looking at some on Saturday, lfs had some awesome looking rainbow bta. Wife talked me out of getting one. But she did buy me an awesome war paint scoly for Father’s Day. Hope you have more luck than I do with them, I can never get them to stay where I want them.

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s nice I was looking at some on Saturday, lfs had some awesome looking rainbow bta. Wife talked me out of getting one. But she did buy me an awesome war paint scoly for Father’s Day. Hope you have more luck than I do with them, I can never get them to stay where I want them.
Just saw your post, scoly looks nice! As for the nem, yea he’s already moving around still on the same rock though. Time will tell.

MSOEME2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that rainbow! Hope the tank isn't "too new". I'd love to get one down the road, I will keep watching to see how it does.

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that rainbow! Hope the tank isn't "too new". I'd love to get one down the road, I will keep watching to see how it does.
Yea it's a gamble putting him in there, fingers crossed.

So far seems to be taking a liking to the old rock from my previous tank. This morning he was on the other side of it (different from yesterday) and waving his tentacles all over. Seems like a happy explorer!

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to be able to make it to one of these shows sometime, I’d probably wonder around in a daze the whole time, I can’t ever make up my mind. I love acans, and sps but for some reason sps don’t like me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back