OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to be able to make it to one of these shows sometime, I’d probably wonder around in a daze the whole time, I can’t ever make up my mind. I love acans, and sps but for some reason sps don’t like me.

It was my first and def not my last! Brother-in-law and I walked around first to get a lay of the land and then went back to buy. Pretty much all of the corals were cheaper than online pricing which made it hard not so spend all of my cash and hit up the ATM for more. But my conscience kicked in and told me to walk away, thank god!

I think next year will include the wife and kid, a list of what I really want, and spending more time at the show for the raffles. We left before they were announcing the winners.

Overall a great experience and very happy!

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If interested in sticks you could do like a nice pink pocci or some red dragon, or any of the variations.
I’ve thought about stick sps but decided this isn’t the tank for it. I’ll save that for my 100+ build :p

For now I’m leaning towards chalices, shrooms, leptos, etc. things I can keep under my prime. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve thought about stick sps but decided this isn’t the tank for it. I’ll save that for my 100+ build :p

For now I’m leaning towards chalices, shrooms, leptos, etc. things I can keep under my prime. Thanks for the recommendation though!
Any color

JF has some nice stuff in the wysiwyg section. Nice candy corn favia, or I’m not sure if your a fan of echinata acans but they’re one of my favorites and you can get them in a variety of colors and they will do good under a prime.

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my favorites
FB6E026B-34EC-495C-99A6-E9DDAE83578A.jpeg

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update!

Setup an Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid. Running 2x B+ & C+.

First day, so far so good. Can't decide if I want to stick with my DIY brackets or hang the unit from the ceiling. Gonna give it a few days and see how I like it.

Running the T5 for 3hrs until things get acclimated. Pix are with T5's on and off.

IMG_2546 by Peter Hipsz, on Flickr

IMG_2545 by Peter Hipsz, on Flickr

OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Just_Pete

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since my last update. Few LPS and SPS corals added, a few fish kicked the bucket, tank is doing good. Oh yea, upgraded to Radion XR15 Pro, so far I'm liking the colors with the T5, we'll see how it does on growth over time. Thanks!

IMG_3674 by Peter Hipsz, on Flickr

IMG_3682 by Peter Hipsz, on Flickr

IMG_3673 by Peter Hipsz, on Flickr

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back