pH increase method in nano tank

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone, i have an all in one tank and i want to increase the ph, i will buy tunze 9001 or 9004 as skimmer, will it work if i attach the co2 washer to the protein skimmer?

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is you current ph level and fluctuations throughout the day?
where are you trying to go with your ph?
Just the protein skimmer alone will most likely iNcrease your ph, even without the media…
I’m considering doing the same thing with my nano, I recently threw in an air stone in a back chamber, not recommended due to salt creep, just to see the difference and help make up my mind.
My early morning ph was getting very low before the lights come on…it has solved this problem with the air stone and plan to get a skimmer as well for this reason more than the skimming purposes.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @KÜRŞAT ,

A few questions before we can assist you:

1) What is your ph?
2) What are you using to test ph?
3) Did you properly calibrate the ph tester?

CO2 scrubbing medias work well on the air intake on the skimmer, using Kalkwasser for your alkalinity and calcium dosing will also raise the ph.

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mevcut ph seviyeniz ve gün içindeki dalgalanmalarınız nedir?
ph'ınla nereye gitmeye çalışıyorsun?
Sadece protein skimmer tek başına büyük olasılıkla medya olmadan bile ph'ınızı artıracaktır…
Aynı şeyi nano'mla yapmayı düşünüyorum, geçenlerde bir arka odaya bir hava taşı attım, tuz sürünmesi nedeniyle önerilmez, sadece farkı görmek ve karar vermeme yardımcı olmak için.
Sabahın erken saatlerinde ph'ım ışıklar yanmadan çok düşüyordu… hava taşı ile bu sorunu çözdü ve bu nedenle sıyırma amacından daha çok bir skimmer almayı planlıyor.
Merhaba [KULLANICI=124305]@KÜRŞAT[/KULLANICI] ,

Size yardımcı olabilmemiz için birkaç soru:

1) ph'ınız nedir?
2) Ph testi için ne kullanıyorsunuz?
3) ph test cihazını uygun şekilde kalibre ettiniz mi?

CO2 temizleme ortamları, skimmer üzerindeki hava girişinde iyi çalışır, alkaliniteniz için Kalkwasser kullanmak ve kalsiyum dozajı da ph'ı yükseltecektir.
My current pH level is 7.7, even though the window is open all day my target parameter is 8.3, my only thought is low if I put a 4-5 watt protein skimmera co2 washer will it work?
I use Salifert as test, for corals I use aquaforrest balling method
my tank values
Ca 410 KH 8.0 Mg 1300 phosphate 0.02 nitrate 2 ph 7.7

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current pH level is 7.7, even though the window is open all day my target parameter is 8.3, my only thought is low if I put a 4-5 watt protein skimmera co2 washer will it work?
I use Salifert as test, for corals I use aquaforrest balling method
my tank values
Ca 410 KH 8.0 Mg 1300 phosphate 0.02 nitrate 2 ph 7.7
Get a ph probe style (I use the Hannah one)

Those test kits using drops to tell ph are not accurate.

This: https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...zc70z5b4AhUqgoQIHSmIA8QQwg8oAHoECAEQFQ&adurl=

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: I’d even go with this one. Cheaper and claims to be even more accurate! PH Meter for Water Hydroponics Digital PH Tester Pen 0.01 High Accuracy Pocket Size with 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium (Yellow) https://a.co/d/18D3pXq

You need to calibrate it with the 7 & 10 ph solutions. Not the 4 & 7

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 7.5 at night and 7.8 at most during the day
I don’t believe those results at all. Your ph must definitely be higher and that test kit is just throwing a low number. Don’t believe any ph test kit unless an accurate test which was calibrated tells you.

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe those results at all. Your ph must definitely be higher and that test kit is just throwing a low number. Don’t believe any ph test kit unless an accurate test which was calibrated tells you.
I wonder if it is beneficial when we attach the co2 scrubber to low-power protein skimmers.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use api for ph give that a try as I think your ph is higher than you believe.
Also try breaking the surface water more, see if that helps.
If your windows are open all day I can’t see a scrubber helping much if the room co2 is already low.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ph typically drops at lights out and gradually decreases during the day. 7.7 while can be regarded low is acceptable IF Stable at that value. Increase ventilation in the room the tank is in. Co2 scrubber mentioned. What it amounts to is that the tank could be in a room with poor air ventilation, causing C02 in the space to build up and lower the pH in whichC02 in the room is dissolved into the tank’s water.
You can also use kalwasser in which the ydroxide ions in the kalkwasser use carbon dioxide to increase alkalinity and, as a result removes excess C02 and increases pH. Unfortunately, AIO dont have a sump as adding macro algae in a refugium will raise a tank’s pH since algae absorbs C02.

OP
OP
KÜRŞAT

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Api'yi ph için kullanmak, bir çünkü ph'ınızın inandığınızın daha yüksek olduğunu düşünüyor.
Ayrıca yüzeyden gelen daha fazla kırmayı deneyden, işeyip yaramadığını görün.
bütün gün açıksa, oda CO2'si zaten kısıtlıdır.
ph ışık ışıklar yavaşlarken düşer ve gün içinde yavaş yavaş gibi. 7.7 Düşük kabul edilebilir, bu değerde IF Kararlı kabul edilebilir. Tankın bulunduğu odadaki havalandırmayı artırın. Co2 tarayıcısından bahsedildi. Bunun anlamı, olabilen tankın havalandırması bir olan olması, bu da çevreta CO2'nin zayıf olduğu ve odadaki CO2'nin tankın suyuna pH'ın nedenine.
Kalorifer tüketiminin fazla tükettiği CO2'yi ve pH'ı yükselttiğiwasser'i de yapabilirsiniz. Ne yazık ki, AIO'nun bir karteri yoktur, çünkü algler CO2'yi emdiği için bir sığınağa alg bir tankın pH'ını zenginleştirecektir.
I will take your valuable comments into consideration, thank you

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back