pH probe/BNC extension cord

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
822
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may need to purchase a BNC extension cord for some of my probes and I wanted to check and see if anyone thought there would be an issue as long as I calibrate the probe with the extension correct?

From my limited knowledge of electronics I could see how it might make a difference if I calibrated it without the extension and then added the extension but even then I'm not sure it would make a huge difference.
 
Its week signals and sometimes an extension can get you into trouble. However I use an 1 m extension (from GHL) to some of mine electrodes without any problems. IMO - It needs to be a high quality extension.

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new