PH testing

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone who has a similar issue with the Apex PH probe and manual testing equipment...I keep getting alerts from the Apex saying the PH is low, 7.61 but when using the Red Sea test kit, I get around 8.2? I have calibrated the PH probe two times now and get the same result. Any suggestions? I know, the ORP is high, that is another problem to understand how to keep that lower. Also, the ALK is low because I have not calibrated the Trident yet.
1590501654249.png
1590501755098.png

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you calibrated the pH probe the second time, was the reading pretty accurate for the 7.0 or 10.0 before you "calibrated"? So if you were to dip the probe into the 7.0 solution, before you clicked calibrate, was it around 7.0 or was it giving a different reading?

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you calibrated the pH probe the second time, was the reading pretty accurate for the 7.0 or 10.0 before you "calibrated"? So if you were to dip the probe into the 7.0 solution, before you clicked calibrate, was it around 7.0 or was it giving a different reading?

Don't know. I guess I can try again.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a weird vibe and think my ph is off as well with the APEX probe. When this happens I check with a calibrated soultion. I get those bottles of ph solution off of amazon,...pour some into a redsea test vile and pull the probe from my sump into the vile...to see what it reads. I also use a secondary ph probe...a hanna ph probe to double check as well. If both probes are inline then I feel better. My experience is that the ph probe doesn't drift at all...in my experience. And i only clean them once every 3-4 months or so. But having the second probe from Hanna makes me feel better-- and their relatively inexpensive.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back