Philips CoralCare LED - Let the Testing Begin!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool to hear about the non existent power brick on these things! Less stuff makes me happy!

Earlier I saw mention of the mounting options for these. Was there any marketing material in the box showing any sort of pre manufactured tank mount options? Or will this require custom hanging units? While I've considered these as a future light replacement option, having a rimless tank and high ceilings has limited me to what I can use. I think I would have to get into the custom built light stand world and find a welder or design something out of aluminum t-slot.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool to hear about the non existent power brick on these things! Less stuff makes me happy!

Earlier I saw mention of the mounting options for these. Was there any marketing material in the box showing any sort of pre manufactured tank mount options? Or will this require custom hanging units? While I've considered these as a future light replacement option, having a rimless tank and high ceilings has limited me to what I can use. I think I would have to get into the custom built light stand world and find a welder or design something out of aluminum t-slot.
Let check the cord length on the mounting hardware and get back to you.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No marketing material about the tank mount and rail kit have been produced... yet.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The cord is about 84 inches.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whens the release date for lights

Because the Coronavirus has delayed so many of our product releases, I have ETA PTSD. So recently I have been saying September in public.

But, do I think it will really take that long? ;Locktopic.............

...........................................................................................
jcn.gif

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectral data for the Philips light is correct.

Only the full spectrum measurement for the Reef Breeders is not. I checked both lights this morning and will issue a correction when the charts are done. Not sure how I made that mistake as I am working with two different Excel workbooks, but I did. And I apologize for the error.
Have the charts been updated for the reef breeders? Didn’t see Dana post again in the reef breeders thread.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the Coronavirus has delayed so many of our product releases, I have ETA PTSD. So recently I have been saying September in public.

But, do I think it will really take that long? ;Locktopic.............

...........................................................................................
jcn.gif
Do you think 1 of these would be good for a 48x24x10 lowboy? Goal mostly sps say the center 36 inches, with zoas, mushroom or freshly cut sps on the 6-10 inches on each end.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very interested to see how they stack up.
Mid July is pretty accurate timeline based from Philips.

The big con is price imo, I get everything but going from $750 to the price that’s expected is ball park of the Gen 5 plus tax for most.
And I thought the Gen 5 was way to expensive imo.

I’m still interested getting them but if the data will not be there for me having a fan or power brick vs couple hundred $$ in my pocket might have consider other lights.

Hope the mounting options are nice also.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have they announced price point? a lfs near me apparently has some in stock and retail is $899

The last info that I saw was an August 1st release date in the US with price TBD so I'd be curious to know what that LFS is offering.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back