Philips CoralCare LED - Let the Testing Begin!

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing the price to preorder? I wonder if Philips is ok with that, some manufactures prohibit it.

yeah i went back and looked and they posted it on a group, idk if others can see it but it's a public group. i added it to the comment above

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the info @mattzang!

Here is the post that I was referring to with the date of August 1st:

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten the same info if $899 I did not want to say anything.

It’s a bit up there coralvue added on a heavy tax on of $150 from the euro market imo prob a lot more considering they have a deal with Philips at a cheaper price point. So why such a big increase ?
anything extra included like mounts or nice hanging kits.
$150 for the controller only controls 4 lights.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, oops, should've posted the price point in that other thread. i thought there was another thread (so as to not distract from Dana's testing results discussion) but didn't see it on a quick search.

$900 seems like a lot, but if spread is more orphek level than radion level, i guess that makes sense.

i went with reefi, but i was just curiously following along on this. for me, a $900 light in 2020, not having onboard wifi control via an app is absurd. but others don't seem to mind

also, sorry to coralvue if i'm stepping on toes posting the price point. i figured if a store is posting a price on a large facebook group it was probably fair game

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what those couple technical questions were? Hmmm
The US launch of the Philips light is moving along slowly and many details have to be worked out. It usually takes two weeks to test a product and write a report but this one is taking a little longer. Life happens.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much phillips will pay to make a good review
Be careful. I have been performing product testing for over 20 years and my integrity is not for sale. I do not charge for testing, and do not endorse products. I present unbiased test results and leave it up to hobbyists to make decisions if the product is right for them.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much phillips will pay to make a good review

I know @Dana Riddle doesnt need defending but I’ll echo what he said. He’s pretty transparent about the terms of product acquisition and it is never anything questionable. Every single light review I’ve read is purely empirical data. Intensity, spread, spectrum, and features. Information from an unaffiliated 3rd part with no incentive to move units based on glowing reviews. It’s a rarity to find any positive or negative comments at all in his reviews which is exactly what we need. I wouldn’t begin to question his integrity on the subject of lighting reviews

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol only joking easy up there son

That's fine and all, but it may be hard to tell over the internet. Especially with, lets call it, relaxed syntax. That being said, it's understandable how one may get defensive when someone otherwise unknown, pops in and insinuates that a member, especially one that has contributed so much to the hobby over the years, sells reviews.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol only joking easy up there son

Good form but a little rough on the landing. Might have to settle for the bronze.

All that aside I appreciate a good roast just as much as the next guy. I just think In context it was assumed serious due to being placed amongst a slew of pricing complaints

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disappointed to hear that there is a separate controller/wifi dongle :(

U

User1

View Badges
Disappointed to hear that there is a separate controller/wifi dongle :(

To be fair other manufactures have a separate controller and/or dongle. I understand this may be expected to be included by default due to the price but not sure it should be.

Back