iamacat

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0453.png

A bit depressed as my Torch is struggling. Might be stressed as the flow changed a bit from cleaning and replacing a broken Gyre a month ago. Last week I lost a head which was no big deal but last night I found 2 others going down hill with what is potentially brown jelly. I promptly removed those affected heads.

Sent out an ICP test and then treated with some Prodibio. I haven’t used Prodibio regularly or at all since last year some time. Going to test with my home kits today.

I am wondering if I threw off the nutrient balance when I pruned the Chaeto and did a water change of 20%. My other euphyllia aren’t expanding like usual so something is up

My pH had a stagnation yesterday too. Typical top out is 2100 and it was 1500 yesterday. Skimmer is working just fine

OP
OP
iamacat

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0472.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0474.jpeg

Torches seem to be doing okay now. A couple heads do look to be receded but it’s probably due to flow.

ICP test results should be in today.

SPS have done quite well over the last 6 months. There is a Fuzzy Grinch behind the bigger Purple Stylo that is starting to spread out across the rock and spike.
IMG_0476.jpeg

I also officially won my battle vs the Vermetids. All their tubes have been encrusted over or mostly broken down

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back