Phosphate E + Testing Question

happysalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Phosphate E. On the instructions it says that:

"Particulate material not removed by filtration will remain inert and the bound phosphate non-reactive indefinitely under normal aquarium conditions."

Does this mean that it will still show up in a hanna checker phosphate testing kit and could lead to me overdosing thinking that phosphates are higher than they actually are?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Phosphate E. On the instructions it says that:

"Particulate material not removed by filtration will remain inert and the bound phosphate non-reactive indefinitely under normal aquarium conditions."

Does this mean that it will still show up in a hanna checker phosphate testing kit and could lead to me overdosing thinking that phosphates are higher than they actually are?

Sounds like Lanthanum Chloride to me (I do not know of that specific brand). Lanthanum Chloride will bind Phosphate and it will remain bound in the tank. It will NOT show up on a Phosphate test kit. You essentially remove it from the water column.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back